Friday, January 06, 2006

Get To Know C-Mac...Friday Questionnaire

Happy Friday to all! I will leave you with the usual Friday video after a little question and answer session. I hope all of you get to know me a bit better from this. I don't often share too many personal tidbits on here, but I thought this was cool. I saw this on The Muse's site as well as Heatherly's, two women I adore here in the blog world. So here goes.....enjoy!

1. What did you do in 2005 that you have never done before?
I ran 12 miles in one shot. My previous best was 10. AND it was on a sweltering June day around noon.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I am not one to make a resolution. If I see something that needs to be done, I make the change, no matter what time of year it is.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Hu Flung Pu! Big Daddy Pu's wife had a beautiful girl in 2005.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
Did not leave the good ol' USA in 2005.

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
The abilty to stop being nice and tell someone to fuck off when it is warranted.

7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

April 23rd- Got Bruce, my dog!!!!
June 17th- When I revealed my identity on this blog AND the Judas Priest concert at Jones Beach. Hilda appeared.
July 8th- Mellencamp/Fogerty at Jones Beach in a monsoon.
July 9th- Cmacaplaooza 3!
July 25th- Met Cai Fai
October 6th- Found my way out of the forest
November 23rd- Got my job offer


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finding a much better job. Ridding my life of negative people.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting people into my life that didn't deserve to be in it. I also took a lot more crap from certain people than I ever should have. Lesson learned.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Bruised ribs/pulled ribcage muscle September 26th. that shit hurt!!! For 6 weeks!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Bruce!!!! What a bargain!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Sugar V, always a friend and trustworthy.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
She knows who she is.

14. Where did most of your money go?
RENT (fuckin' Long beach!), things for the house, parties at the house, COSTCO!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting my dog Bruce, what a joy!

16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
"Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? MUCH happier
b) thinner or fatter? same
c) richer or poorer? Same financially, richer in knowledge.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Letting go of the past and looking ahead.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying about things I could not change.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
At my parents house. Nice quiet gathering with a ton of food.

21. Did you fall in love in 2005?
No.

22. How many one-night stands?
None.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Curb Your Enthusiasm, Apprentice, Survivor, Biggest Loser, The Office

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nah, I hate the same assholes.

25. What was the best book you read?
Oh Boy, "My Life" by Bill Clinton

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Young Jeezy, Anon, Chris Brown, a new appreciation for Dave Matthews

27. What did you want and get?
Freedom. Freedom from a job that held me down, freedom from a girl that brought out the worst in me at the beginning of 2005.

28. What did you want and not get?
A long vacation, far away from NY. A chance to meet Hilda.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Million Dollar Baby, Cinderlla Man, 40 year Old Virgin

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
On my birthday, I worked because it fell on a Tuesday, but I had a great party the Saturday before, CMACAPALOOZA III! I was 33.

31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Running the Long Island half marathon, meeting an amazing woman (that lives close, haha), and leaving my "old" job sooner in the year.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Running shorts, a t-shirt, New Balance sneakers, and my trusty baseball cap. (running attire)

33. What kept you sane?
My dog Bruce, The Sugar V, music, laughing, blogging, and chats with Hilda

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Scarlett Johansen, she is hot. I admired Jamie Foxx this year.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Hurricane Katrina response. It was an absolute disgrace.

36. Who did you miss?
I missed Linda when we lost touch, Randa, Jen L, and my friends in the Forest when I left.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Hilda! Love her to death. Cia Fai, very interesting girl. Jen L, good person.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
So many, but the biggest one was never to be someone's consolation prize when I can be someone else's grand prize.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I am gonna quote two:

"I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down"

"Well, I heard some people talkin’ just the other day
And they said you were gonna put me on a shelf
But let me tell you I got some news for you
And you’ll soon find out it’s true
And then you’ll have to eat your lunch all by yourself
’cause I’m already gone
And I’m feelin’ strong
I will sing this vict’ry song"

I was going to leave you with "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" since I said it was the song that reminded me most of 2005.....but I am going to leave you with something else. It's a throwback from Lenny Kravitz, this song kicks serious ass and I've loved it since the day I first heard it. I have a radio in my bathroom (as well as every other room in the house) and I heard this today while I was in the shower. I haven't stopped singing it since. Enjoy it, and the weekend!


It Ain't Over Till Its Over
By Lenny Kravitz
CodesAndLyrics.com

12 comments:

Marie said...

I loved reading through your questionnaire, Charlie! It sounds like you had quite an eventful year touching on many aspects of your life. I love your outlook on life in general. :)

Vixen said...

Very cool questionaire/answers Cmac! Your one cool dude!

Excellent music choice! :)

R said...

#6 and #8...Good for you. Something I need to do for 2006.

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing charlie. it's always nice to learn more about you.

btw, i'm so stealing this. lol.

afromabq said...

I bet conversations w/you go on for days. You're such a cool guy. I love guys who are actually interested in people and not in it for the one night stand. You're a class act Charlie. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that I was a part of keeping you sane...

Believe me, you kept me sane a time or two by making me laugh my ass off...

Thanks, Charlie.

Darcey said...

You're an inspiration, Cmac. And I hope you know that. *hug*
Have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

You’re not gonna get any emotional cr*p from me. You’re still the flamboyant canoli king to me.

Fizzgig said...

What a ka-winky-dink! Me and my ex split St. Pattys day too!! At least there was the green beer....right? lol!

Hu Flung Pu said...

Big Daddy Pu here.......keep up the good work Charles

cosmopolgirl said...

Loved this questionaire....great way to recap the year before. I may have to borrow it from you, hope that it's okay.

Kristi said...

hey cool!!