Monday, January 23, 2006

Rainy Monday

Wish it was Sunday, 'cause that's my fun day. What's up everyone and welcome to yet another Monday.

I had a really great weekend, capped off by hanging out with Tiny A. Six hours passed like it was an hour, I had so much fun. What are the odds of two people showing up wearing the SAME colored sweater, especially when it's an off color like a rust color? Very strange indeed. Have you ever met someone that you could just talk to for hours on end and never get bored? That's Tiny A. Great person and a lot of fun.....look forward to hanging again!

This weekend also consisted of a TON of clothes and music shopping. I got some great new clothes and some even better new music. If you want good "banging" music, you must pick up Jamie Foxx's CD titled "Unpredictable." That CD will get you in a pipe layin' mood real quick. hahaha I also picked up Sean Paul's "The Trinity", Eminem's greatest called "Curtain Call", The Hassidic reggae artist "Matisyahu", Damian Marley's "Welcome to Jamrock" and Notorious BIG's "Duets, the final chapter." I love all my new musical purchases.

Today I wanted to share a great story with all of you about the Sugar V. Last spring, when we worked together, a funny incident happened. Sugar V and I were on the safety committee at work. Basically, we went to monthly meetings and got involved in orchestrating fire and safety drills and stuff like that. Sugar V was on this committee for years, I had just signed on to the committee. One day we had a fire drill on a nice warm spring day. I was outside taking attendance and talking on the walkie talkie to the other safety officers making sure all employees were accounted for. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a man running out of the building at top speed, his hair flowing in the breeze, wearing an orange vest and carrying something orange. At first glance I thought it was David Hasselhoff and that "Baywatch" was being filmed on location in NY.


The Sugar V Saves the Day! Posted by Picasa

When I looked closer, it was Sugar V running out of the building in his orange "safety vest" and carrying an orange "safety kit." Where he was running to in such a hurry, I will never know. In the middle of the fire drill I yelled, "IT'S DAVID HASSELHOFF!!!!!!" The entire building was laughing so hard, knowing EXACTLY what I meant and seeing the uncanny resemblance. It was something I'd tease him about for months........

I hope everyone's week is off to a great start!!!

11 comments:

cosmopolgirl said...

Oh I hope and pray for Sugar V that he doesn't look like David Hasslehoff, that would be so sad for him. Happy Rainy Monday to you to (blah)!

afromabq said...

SugarV looking like David - now that's HOT! :)

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! Sugar V as David Hasslehoff...I could totally see that-not that they look alike, but the whole bright orange vest, the hair, the running as if he's going to save lives...uncanny! Funny stuff C-Mac!

supplymadam said...

Haha. You are so funny. Was Pam Anderson bouncing behind him?

Christie E. Little said...

Ooooh a guy who appreciates his shopping! My kind of guy!
xoxo
C

Hu Flung Pu said...

Sugar V is the best safety officer around. I've never felt more safe then when he's in his orange vest

Kristi said...

hahahaha!
Love It!!!
Humor created by a good friend that can take it when you bug them is the best humour EVER!!!

So where was he going?

Unknown said...

I have way better hair than that guy and lets not talk about sausage mines is uuufaaa his is yooodalewhooo

Vixen said...

If it's gonna help me get some pipe laying done, I'll run out to day and get Jamie Foxx's CD. I really did want to get it anyway. But now you give me even more of a reason to get it.

I'm sure SugarV was an excellent "life guard"!

Peanutt said...

I'm glad you had such a great weekend!

ThursdayNext said...

Dear Chaz,
Pumpkin, not Rust!
~Tiny Amester