Friday, February 03, 2006

I'm In A Friday State of Mind

Happy Video Friday! Since I spoke so much about my love for NY, Long Beach, and the NYC skyline earlier in the week, I thought this was a perfect tune. Billy Joel kicked off his 3 week long concert marathon last night at NYC's Madison Square Garden. He may not sound as great as he used to, but we all still love him! I am excited about this weekend, dinner and a little jazz in NYC Saturday Night, the Superbowl on Sunday.....not a bad weekend ahead. I hope you all enjoy it as well.

Enjoy Mr. Joel's "live" version of "New York State of Mind." It's a great tune and a great way to take us into the weekend on a good "note."


New York State Of Mind (Live)
By Billy Joel

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

the song is as sexy as you are! Hope all is well C-Mac!!!

Anonymous said...

love this song. have a great weekend charlie. :)

Christie E. Little said...

You just keep me keep coming back. He may not sound as young as he used too...but I love him. I love this live version.

I'm craving a little trip to ny right about now.
xoxo
C

ThursdayNext said...

Dear Chaz~
The concert tonight at MSG was awesome. My sis and I sat floor level and enjoyed The Piano Man immensely! NYS of Mind was early on in the set; the encore was the best ~ Scenes from an Italian Restaurant and Piano Man. His band was phenomenal, especially his saxaphone player. I am glad you are looking forward to the weekend! I am looking forward to mine, too! ;)
xoxo
Tiny Amester

cosmopolgirl said...

Can't live in Long Island without loving Billy Joel. One contant thing I know when I make the trip to Long Island to see my family is that I will hear at least five Billy Joel songs on the radio when I'm there. Happy Friday!

afromabq said...

Good song/video-you NYer's definitely have a kinship.

GO STEELERS!!! Can't wait! Have a great weekend!

Hu Flung Pu said...

sounds like you have a good weekend planned. I'll be painting all through out, that is until I park my ass on the couch and watch the superbowl
enjoy

supplymadam said...

Looking forward to Super Bowl this weekend too. Going to a party and I am making chicken chili to bring. Also I got me me 8 boxes riding in a couple of pools.
And the family is going to an "Italian Resturant" Saturday for my birthday.
Enjoy your weekend C-Mac. You got me in a "New York State of Mind".

Vixen said...

Love me some Billy...

GO STEELERS!!!

Marie said...

I can listen to Billy Joel any time. I love it, thanks. Have a great weekend, C-Mac!