Monday, February 06, 2006

"I Saw The Sign"

No, not Sugar V's favorite band, Ace of Base's, "I Saw the Sign", but those stupid warning and instructional signs in restaurants and bars. Tiny A and I got to talking about this Saturday Night at a Jazz Bar in NYC. The choking instruction signs and other signs cracked us up. Look at this thing:


HEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!! Posted by Picasa

Ok, my friend (Sugar V) is choking on a sausage and is turning blue. Do I really stop and read this sign, step by step, or do I just start punching his back? I have to choose punching his back while I scream "WHY ARE YOU EATING SAUSAGES AGAIN?????!!!!!" Seriously though, what if you are a few tables away from the chart? Do you do step one, then run back to the sign, read step two, run back to the victim, then do step two and so forth? I wonder if this sign has actually saved anyone. It actually looks a little perverted. Notice the breast grab. I have to try that one, grab a breast at a bar and tell the girl I thought she was choking......that's a good ice breaker. Honestly, maybe posting this chart in a restaurant is logical, but in a bar? I think THIS sign is more appropriate for a bar.....


More Like It........ Posted by Picasa

Let's face it.... that's all anyone will be choking on in a bar, or shortly afterwards......may as well get schooled.

The "Surgeon General's Warning" signs about pregnant women drinking alcohol is another great one.


Necessary? Posted by Picasa

Does this need to be explained? If a woman six months pregnant walks into a bar and orders a drink, she's probably got bigger problems...like figuring out which of the twelve guys she banged is the baby's daddy.....

I hope you all had a great weekend. I can truly say this was the BEST one for me in a really long time. I had a blast. I am a bit tired, but it was well worth it. Great company, no matter what you do, is the key to having a great time or having a sucky time. This weekend, I couldn't have asked for company any better. UGH!....back to work today....enjoy the start of the week everyone!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm first. Whee! That second poster is a hoot. I think they should put them up in ALL NYC nightclubs! Glad you had a great weekend. Hope your week is just as good!

afromabq said...

Hey, my Steelers won. How could I not have had an awesome weekend! :)

ThursdayNext said...

Dear Chaz~
I am so glad that you have a great weekend. ;) I was also thinking about what the point is to maximum occupancy signs in a bar/restaurant. Who the hell is counting?
xoxo
Tiny A.

Unknown said...

The whole sausage is a lot harder to get down than the sausage links.

supplymadam said...

Great weekend! Italian Resturant,Superbowl party and I even got my cleaning done.I won a whopping 50.00. Look out world!
My suggestion "Chew food thoroughly" .
A Red Cross First Aid class wouldn't hurt.
Have a great day!

Peanutt said...

Great company is always key to having a great time!
Pretty sad when you have to post a sign to warn pregnant people about drinking! Oh my.

CiaFai said...

buhhhhhhhhhddeeee, aww I needed that laugh! How the heck are you. Give me a call. We seem to be playing phone tag!

Marie said...

Funny and entertaining post, Charlie. And where did you find that second choking illustration?? Hilarious! I'm glad that you had a great weekend. :)

Christie E. Little said...

A little wine, a little jazz, some good company...sounds fabulous.

I watched a Billy Joel interview on CNBC this weekend...thought of how old he's getting. (thanks for planting that seed.)

PS...I'm glad the state of Charlie is fine and well...:)