Saturday, February 11, 2006

Blizzard at the Beach

It is Saturday Night and I am snowbound here at the beach. The snow started falling lightly around 3pm and is INTENSE to say the least right now at 9:30pm. We are expecting about 15" of snow tonight into tomorrow.


The Blizzard of 2006....... Posted by Picasa

As you all know, I despise winter, but a blizzard on a Saturday Night, when I don't have to drive or be anywhere is ok with me. The only thing that is missing right now is a little snoring grizzly bear here in my room with me and Brucey boy. He was rolling around like one crazed dog earlier in the snow. He's going to have a blast tomorrow......


Little bears snore the loudest...... Posted by Picasa

It's been a pretty mild winter so far here on Long Island. It still amazes me how people panic when they hear about a snow event that is forecasted. People take to the roads and speed to the local supermarkets in fear of being "snowed in". The first thing that always seems to sell out in the stores is milk and white bread. WHY????? Are people sitting around by their fireplaces, by their windows watching the snow, or around the TV chomping on loaves of Wonder Bread and chugging milk by the gallon? I just don't get it! If I am snowed in, I want snacks and substantial foods, not Wonder and milk! I think booze, condoms, and chocolate should be the blizzard shopping staples. People stock up when they hear we are getting snow like we live in the mountainous areas of Colorado. What's the longest we've ever been snowed in on Long Island, ONE or TWO days? People buy food and panic like we won't get out of our driveways until Easter.

I saw a woman in King Kullen supermarket right before the blizzard of '96 with about 15-20 loaves of white bread in her cart. I actually went up to her and asked her, "why so much white bread?" She replied, "Mind your own fuckin' business." I went on to say, "That's alot of French Toast lady." On that same trip to the store, I had a half gallon of milk in my cart which was stolen by someone when I was looking at other items because they had just run out of milk. Insane huh? People just snap and think the worst. I was very surprised on 9/11/01 how nice people were. You would think that people would go nuts. I think the only reason people were calm that day was because they were scared and couldn't/didn't plan for it. In a real emergency that we know about days in advance, people will kill you for a can of soup or a slice or Wonder. Six inches of snow forecasted here equals3 feet in some people's twisted minds.

Blizzard Update 11:00am 2/12/06


Blizzard Bruce! Posted by Picasa


Silly Dog.... Posted by Picasa


One Cold Nose! Posted by Picasa


Sled? Where? Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Kristi said...

Beautiful pic of the falling snow.

i love for it to get like that when I can jsut curl up and watch it under a warm blankie from inside. go Out play with my daughter and then come in for hot chocolate and cozy cuddles.

cosmopolgirl said...

hey ...dont' forget the toilet paper! you know your going to run out! I really hate the snow freaks!

ThursdayNext said...

Dear Chaz~
Thanks for giving us a special weekend post. :) I hope that you enjoy being cozy and warm during this blizzard. I certainly am all bundled up; you know, kind of like a bear? :)
~ Tiny A.

Anonymous said...

it is insane outside right now charlie. blizzard insane. but it's so pretty. well until i have to go out in it tomorrow.

Kristi said...

Bruce is Awesome!!

Anonymous said...

haha i had to laugh when i read this b/c i know exactly what you mean... when its gonna snow, people clear out the grocery store like they're gonna be snowed in their houses for 3 months! ..and i can't believe someone actually stole your milk! lol its crazy what some people will do.

supplymadam said...

Look at that Brucie. He looks like he looooves the snow. My dog must have known it was snowing because he wanted to go out at 3:00 am. Then he wanted to back out at 8:00. He never does that. But he loves it too and was running through the backyard like a wildman.
The only thing I don't like about the snow is that my husband drives a tractor trailer and he has to go to work tonite and drive up to CT.I hope they decide not to send them out tonite but it's now 4:30 and no phone call. So I will spend my night worrying.

The Diva ♥ said...

yeah people will go insane when they think in their twisted little minds that the world is coming to an end.
the sky is falling, the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

have I told u lately I just love just love bruce he is so adorable.
i just want to squeeze him and kiss him and curl up with the both of ya'll.

Fizzgig said...

Dogs+Coats=cutest sight ever!

Debi said...

Bruce is the cutest!!!! He needs little snow boots!

Vixen said...

Love the pics of Brucie!!! We only got 1" here :(