Thursday, December 01, 2005

Thursday Round Up

It is indeed Thursday. A fast week, right???? It has been for me. AND it is December! Where the heck has the year gone people?

Job Interview Update:

Ok, so I got the official offer from the computer firm as you all know. I was told by the owner of the company to make my decision by Friday (tomorrow) as to whether or not I would accept. Last I heard, I was still the "favorite" for the record label job as well. I called the recruiter for the record label and told her I have another offer and before I accept it, I would like to know when a decision would be made on the record label position. She immediately called the VP of the record label that I interviewed with last week to tell her that I received another offer and was thinking of accepting it. Well, she told the recruiter to have me come in at 4PM today to see her again. She told the recruiter she did not want to let me slip away. The recruiter assured me they will make an offer later today! I am blown away by the salary she mentioned as well, it is truly unbelievable. It's almost too good to be true. I hope this pans out! I will have another update as soon as I find out more.

Switching gears, "Punchy" was a weird dude huh?


What Is On His Head???? Posted by Picasa

The Hawaiian Punch mascot scared me. What is that shit on his head? I never could figure it out.

L-HA and I got to talking last night about the "women and children first" rule. Not sure how I feel about that. Don't get me wrong, I am all for respect and helping others, but if I was on Titanic, you can be sure my ass would have been in a lifeboat. What about the rule that even the elderly go before men? What the F??? So, I should let an 80 year old woman, who lived a full life, be saved before me? I don't think so!!!!! What ever happened to survival of the fittest? haha Just playing devil's advocate.

Tell me the truth, have you ever had a birthday wish come true? Are these "caviar wishes and champagne dreams" just that? I had to throw in a Robin Leach quote. I often wonder how many of those wishes before you blow out the candles actually come true......

Howard Dean, former Vermont (home of maple syrup and skiing) Governor and now head of the Democratic National Committee was recently criticized by Republicans for being a hypocrite on race relations stating that he had NO African Americans in his cabinet. Hmmmm, you can't criticize a guy for not hiring African Americans in a state that has none!!!! There is only one African American in Vermont, and she is on the maple syrup bottle.


Not Interested In Politics, and I Don't Blame Her!!!! Posted by Picasa

Finally, don't you hate when you are put on hold and that recorded message says "Your call is important to us"? If my call was that important, perhaps they would have a fuckin' human on duty to answer it. Fuckos!

Have a great Thursday everyone!!!!

11 comments:

Marie said...

Mrs. Butterworth is going to be jealous over you posting about Aunt Jemima. ;)

Congrats on the job offers! It sounds like it is really working out to your advantage. Good luck with both and I hope you get the one you want!

Anonymous said...

OMG Charlie! That's freaking awesome. Congrats on the jobs. See, good things do come to those who work hard.

supplymadam said...

Maybe each company should each grab one of your arms,pull and whoever gets the biggest part gets to have you.
Good luck and follow your heart.

Anonymous said...

Your co-workers are going to be so sad when you leave. Just don't ever get too busy to not blog - please!! Good luck Charlie. And you talk a good game, but I have a feeling you always let women go first.

Heather said...

Pulled in all directions, huh?

After all the drama, things are going to work out for you, Charlie! Doesn't that feel great!?!

I can't say that I remember any of my birthday wishes to tell you the truth, so I really can't remember if any of them came true. I suppose I had better start thinking of a good wish since mine is unfortunately coming up soon...

Jenni said...

It's a straw hat...a RED straw hat...

More importantly, where is his neck?

Nicole said...

Good luck Charlie, you deserve the best!

:* Princess

Jillian said...

Charlie, I hope your dream job becomes a reality!!

Anonymous said...

I'm always here to talk if you need me!

I'm so excited that everything is coming together for you after all this time. You deserve it...

Panthergirl said...

How exciting!!!!!! My ex-husband worked for a few record companies, so if you want to email me I might be able to give you some inside info, depending on where you're interviewing.

Anonymous said...

"Punchy" is rastifarian, or so it seems. ya mon.