Thursday, December 15, 2005

2005 Bored at the Beach....Beach Awards

2005 was an interesting year, to say the least. I along with many of you, had my ups and downs. I am glad that '05 is ending on a much happier note than it started on for me. It's amazing how much can take place in our lives in the course of 365 days.

Just about every TV station has its own end of the year countdown, a yearly recap, a "most interesting people" show, etc. I decided to have my own version here at the beach, so sit back and let's reflect on the year that was 2005. (You fucked up Barbara Walters, Carmilla Parker Bowles the most intriguing person of 2005? I think not!!!)

Let's hand out, The Beach Awards!!!!!


And The Award Goes To............ Posted by Picasa

Team of the Year: The Chicago White Sox. This team came out of nowhere and won it all. Of all the major sports, this champion was one that nobody predicted!


Nobody Predicted This!!!!! Posted by Picasa

Athlete of the Year: Lance Armstrong. Lance won his SEVENTH straight Tour De France in 2005 in a sport where there is nobody to rely on but yourself. Truly amazing.


A True Champion! Posted by Picasa

Hollywood Celebrity of the Year: Jamie Foxx. A best actor Oscar for "Ray" followed by a much anticipated album called "Unpredictable." What a year.


Mr. Foxx had more than just Georgia on his mind in 2005, he had an Oscar on his mind..... Posted by Picasa

Musical Artist/Band of the Year. Green Day. A truckload of awards already in 2005.


Still Going Strong Posted by Picasa

Comeback of the Year: Mariah Carey. Her career was dead in the water, now "Glitter" seems like a distant memory. She's back and better than ever.


Back from the dead Posted by Picasa

Person of the Year. Martha Stewart. Could you go anywhere in 2005 without being reminded of Martha?

Martha leaves jail and enters the spotlight Posted by Picasa

2005 was memorable for both good and bad reasons. We witnessed huge disasters like Hurricane Katrina. We lost people like the Pope and Peter Jennings. We saw hundreds more of our troops perish in Iraq. Let's hope 2006 spares us from any major losses or disasters.

What's your biggest memory of 2005? I will have my 2006 predictions post right before the new year. Have a great day everyone!!!!

11 comments:

Panthergirl said...

I'm first!!!!

Great awards, Charlie! Sad about the team of the year, though. :(

And I cannot agree with Mariah Carey. There is just something about her that I can't stand. But I guess for Comeback of the Year she's ok. At least you didn't pick "Cream". Have you seen any pictures from their tour? Cadavers on Parade!!

Panthergirl said...

Oh... and your poll thing is causing pop-up hell!

Anonymous said...

Totally agree that BW FU! Lance - Amazing; CWS - agree, nobody could have predicted that; Jamie - he just gets better and better. Green Day - heh; Mariah - yewww; Martha - whatever.

Hot boy in Vegas is my best memory this year. He sparked something in me that was dormat for 9 years!! Thanks for bringing back that memory :). Have a great Charlie.

Anonymous said...

Meant to say have a great "day" Charlie.

Darcey said...

I'll take "a great Charlie" hehehehe.
My best memory from 2005?
Any of my many vacations that involved my best girls. So much to laugh about and be thankful for.
Oh, and starting my blog, because, hello! It brought me to so many amazing people!
Have a great day, Cmac, honey!

Molly said...

I take offense at claiming nobody picked the White Sox, you must have forgotten to ask me. One of my friends called me after they won and said "why didn't you tell me you were going to be right, I would have bet on them and made some money!" *laugh*

And I am with panthergirl...Mariah is annoying!

Jillian said...

Love the list! I can't post my most memorable event because the year is not over and something really memorable may still happen!

supplymadam said...

What can I say. I lead a boring life. Most of most memorable days are behind me. Like when I got this job and bought my 2nd home.
Oh my car was paid off in October.
Although my biggest memory was losing my dog. Not much else that personally touched me.

Marie said...

How fun! I like the Beach Awards. I think my main memories from 2005 are: starting my blog, having an awesome summer (better than previous years) and also the crazy hurricanes that hit us hard.

Danielle said...

Great picks! Hopefully the team of the year for 2007 will be the Yankees!

Mister Ornery said...

I have to agree with panthergirl about Mariah Carey. Saw and listened to an interview that put me off for all time.

Team of the year though, I say yeah. In fact, as long as it ISN'T The Yankees, I'm a happy camper.