Friday, December 02, 2005

A Musical Friday

Another week in the books. Only 4 left in 2005. Only 3 weeks until Christmas.

My second interview at the record label went extremely well. It was very informal. We talked music and about Charlie the person rather than Charlie the professional, it was nice. We really got into some deep conversation about music and the passion I have for it and how much of a role it has played in my life. On the train ride home I was thinking of songs that have inspired me or that have really left a long lasting impression on my life. I thought I would share 10 them with you, along with today's video, which is one of those 10 songs. I hope the video and the list take you into the weekend on a happy note. Enjoy.

"Let It Be" by The Beatles. This song speaks for itself. Paul actually wrote this for his Mom who had passed away from cancer. The "Mother Mary" that comes to him in his times of trouble that Paul speaks about in this song is his mother. Just an amazing piece of work. My choice for Friday's Video.


Let It Be
By The Beatles


"What's Goin'On" by Marvin Gaye. A perspecive of the world through the eyes of a Vietnam veteran (Marvin's brother) upon returning from the war. Marvin takes a look around and questions all that was going on around him. Brilliant.

"Moondance" by Van Morrison. Truly, one of the most romantic songs ever written. I've gone through many a bottle of wine with this one in the background. The music, the lyrics, and his voice are just intoxicating.

"Midnight Train To Georgia" by Gladys Knight and the Pips. This song's lyrics give me the chills each time I hear it. It is inspiring and heartfelt. A true classic in every sense of the word.

"You Can't Always get What You Want" by The Rolling Stones. The title says it all really. A song about the difficulty in finding happiness. I love the choir on this track. A pure example of why the Stones are still going strong.

"Get Here" by Oleta Adams. No matter where I am when I hear this song, I get choked up. A song about two people separated by distance who belong together. A gut wrenching tune.

"Don't Worry Baby" by The Beach Boys. For me, this is a perfect example of a simple song, with simple lyrics made great by the harmonies and feeling the Beach Boys gave it. It puts a smile on my face every time I hear it.

"Honesty" by Billy Joel. Honesty, something we all look for and expect from others, especially the people we love, yet it is so hard to find. Billy breaks it all down so eloquently in this song. A masterpiece.

"Watching the Wheels" by John Lennon. This song blows me away. John talks about his life after the Beatles and is truly content being out of the music "game" and raising his son Sean. Brilliantly written, like everything else John ever wrote.

"Born to Run" by Bruce Springsteen. I think we have all thought of just hopping in our cars and driving until we can't drive anymore. Just start fresh, just get away from all that we know. Born To Run gives us all a chance to dream.

Have a great weekend!!!

8 comments:

Marie said...

I am in still in shock that it's December and that Christmas is just a few weeks away.

I'm so happy to hear that the second interview at the record label went well. Great video/music choice, by the way. I love this song and The Beatles in general.

I hope that you have a great Friday and weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hi.

Wish you all the luck.

Have a great weekend!!

Florinda

Heather said...

Thank you for sharing, Charlie.

It sounds like everything went well... That they got to know who you really are and why you were perfect for that job.

Good luck with making the decision that's right for you. Either way, I'm sure that it will be great.

Darcey said...

Why don't you take that Midnight Train to Georgia and come visit??
And I'm so glad that things are going well on the interview front. Kudos to you, babe.

Vixen said...

I'm jealous of you possibly working in the music industry Charlie! Lucky you! Though I do live in music city, I should probably try to get in somewhere myself! Hope you get the job!

Have a great weekend!

supplymadam said...

You are the master of music. I'll bet you wowed them with your personality and your knowledge of music. Best of luck C-Mac,great people deserve great things.
Thanks for the song. Paul Mcartney is my soul mate.

Danielle said...

Great songs Charlie! I'm sure you dazzled them with your charm and wit...

Christie E. Little said...

I love Van Morrison. Put him on and I melt. Crazy love...Moon Dance..Mmmm love him.