Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Holiday Shopping Season

The Holiday shopping season is in full swing. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a nice time of the year. I enjoy heading into NYC, seeing the tree in Rockefeller Center, ice skating in Central Park, and just the whole feel of the city in December. What I really don't enjoy is how commercialized the holidays have become. They simply don't have the meaning they are supposed to have. Whether you are religious or not, the holidays should be about family, about being the best person you can be, and about spirit. Yet, this time of the year seems to bring out the anger, the stress, the greed, and the downright evil in people.


Go Back To Sleep Fuckos!!!!! Posted by Picasa


WWF, Walmart Wrestling Federation, all for a $300 laptop....... Posted by Picasa


Fight Club! Posted by Picasa


Tis The Season! Posted by Picasa



Move Bitch, Get Out Da' Way!!! Posted by Picasa

I guess the part of holidays like Christmas, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc. is this. I don't like to be told when to show my love or appreciation for someone. I do that all year round. I hate having to do something just because society tells me I have to. I like to do things from my heart, from my soul, not because Hallmark tells me it is time. That's why, when push comes to shove (no Walmart pun intended), I'll take a day in July anytime. No stress, no hustle and bustle, just a day on the beach with the people I enjoy being with, a night bbq'ing and relaxing with good conversation with the warm ocean breezes blowing. That to me, is a holiday.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

12 comments:

Heather said...

All of that is why I do not shop on the weekends from Thanksgiving to mid-January.

I'm entirely too impatient to deal with assholes.

Anonymous said...

I'm so with you. July is the best month of the year! It's hot and sunny and then put a beach or lake by that - perfection!

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Nicole said...

And just think, there's almost a month left!

Hu Flung Pu said...

I agree 150%

supplymadam said...

Can you feel the love?

Marie said...

I couldn't agree more! I love this time of year because of the extra family gatherings and such. But I dread the shopping part of it and having to fight the crowds and the craziness. And yes, I am much more of a summer girl. lol

Have a great day! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear the job market is booming.

Peanutt said...

Shopping during this time of year has gotten to be downright nasty!!!
Here in Michigan they were showing up in Grand Rapids that the cops had to be called in because of the fights going on! One lady fell down and lost her wig...she could do nothing but lay there and get trampled while trying to put the wig back on her head. Now that was pretty funny.

Christie E. Little said...

pathetic...

I can't even believe what people will do for cheap crap.

Now, I'm a shopper...but online baby.
xoxo
C

WordWhiz said...

EGADS. For the first time ever, I let myself get talked into going to those day-after-Thanksgiving sales at crack of dawn. While I didn't see anything like this, I still think those people are CRAZY!! I don't think the savings are that great...people just allow themselves to BELIEVE they're getting a great deal. I'd have to be saving HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of dollars to wait in one of those lines!! Ridiculous. I shop on line and wait for UPS to deliver! That's my kind of shopping madness!!

Anonymous said...

WalMart sucks!!! haha, sorry just had to add my random comment in... Hope you enjoy your day!!! :)