Friday, November 11, 2005

C-Mac's Friday Video

We made it through another week, by Monday, November will be just about half over if you can believe that. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Lately, I've been posting a video on Friday to take us into the weekend. Today is no exception. Puff Daddy, Puffy, P Diddy, Diddy, whatever you call him, the man has talent. This tune always brings back memories and makes me think of people I have not seen in a while or people I miss. This song for me, makes me realize never to take anyone you care about for granted, because one day they may be gone. Enjoy it and I hope it takes you into the weekend with some thoughts of people you are missing......it's somewhat appropriate for this Veteran's Day as well.



I've always said that the toughest thing in life is when two people love each other and can't be together for some reason or another. This song really showcases that. Definitely one of my all time favorite MTV Video Music Awards moments, back in 1997 when Diddy performed this with Sting. Gives me chills everytime I see the tape.

11 comments:

Hu Flung Pu said...

It's very sad when there are two people who truly love eachother, yet they can't be together.

Peanutt said...

I will second (or third) that statement. Its very heartbreaking when two people can't be together when they are truly in love!
Ok, being it was friday, I don't work today, I was all happy and came here to shed a tear about people in my life that I have lost! But its okay, its good to remember them!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend C-Mac! And that is a great song!

Bridget Unnel said...

While I agree with the sentiment, I hate that song!! GRRRR..

Sometimes, despite the love, bad things happen that make being together far too hard, far too difficult..people get hurt, betrayed..."goodbye" becomes the only alternative to a life of just waiting until he hurts you again. Trust me, I know. Still damn sad though. Fortunately, I found a new happiness and a new love.

Heather said...

I hope that you are able to work things out, Charlie. It sounds like that's what you really want. I say, go for it...

The Diva ♥ said...

i forget tell me again who did the orginal to this song!

Jillian said...

Charlie, What a fitting tribute to Veteran's Day.
The phrase "It is better to have loved and lost, then to never loved at all" Still haunts me.

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

I guess you must feel like that when you are seperated from your canoli.

Christie E. Little said...

loving and not together. Sigh...I know that feeling.

Now you have me thinking and wondering.

Marie said...

What a great post and fitting video today. And I know of the pain you refer to about truly loving someone and not being able to be with them for whatever reason.

I hope you have a good weekend, Charlie. :)

True Jersey Girl said...

I love that song too. It brings back memories. Not always good ones.

Kristi said...

love stinks!!