Friday, November 18, 2005

Friday Video and A Couple of Tidbits

Friday is here! That means a video here at "the beach." I chose a rap song today. This song, for some reason, has been one of my favorites over the last two months. I am not sure if it's the lyrics, the beat, the music, but whatever it is, I find myself in the car turning this one all the way up. I also find myself running a bit faster on the treadmill to this one too. I could sure use it on Sunday when I will be running in the "Turkey Trot" here in Long Beach. It's the annual 4 mile Thanksgiving race....wish me luck! Hopefully it won't be too cold.....


Now for the "tidbits."

Do we really need a sticker on every individual piece of fruit? Hmmmmm....let's see, we can't get our borders secure, but we're still going through the plums by hand? These stickers aren't very appetizing either. Even after the sticker is peeled off and washed, you can still see the outline of where it was...just not very appealing.

There's a new "trend" going on in America, for real, writing your own obituary. Talk about full of yourself, huh? I guess it's the nice way to say "I may be dead, but I am still monopolizing the conversation." I say, face it you are dead, the worms are eating you and you are rotting, let someone else talk!!!!

Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Ooo, I hate the fruit thing. That makes me crazy. Even on bananas and oranges where I'm not even going to eat the part the sticker touched. Blech.

I'd like to see what other people would say in my obit. Kinda scares me. Reminds me of Jude Law in Closer...

Darcey said...

Awww, you stopped by! I feel so special (again)! Been busy busy for me around here, hence my conspicuous absence. Heart you!

And for the fruit thing? As a former grocery store cashier in my high school days, let me tell you how frustrated customers get when you can't quickly type in the code to price out their plums, because there's not a sticker on it. So when you go to look it up, they stand there tapping their feet impatiently. Lady, if you hadn't avoided every plum with a sticker, it wouldn't take me a million years to price out your 18 plums. Damn!

Okay, rant over. Still heart you!

Bridget Unnel said...

That's why I love Wegmans -- no stickers. Just put your stuff in a bag, take it to the scale, punch in the number and it spits out the correct amount. Slap the sticker on the outer bag and away you go!!

The Diva ♥ said...

good luck with the turkey trot! you're always a winner in my book ;)

Marie said...

That fruit sticker thing annoys the hell out of me. Ugh. And it leaves a nasty residue that you need to scrub off.

Have fun at the Turkey Trot! It sounds like a fun race and I'm sure you'll kick ass in your time.

Writing one's own obituary does sound a *tad* self-absorbed. ;) LOL

Have a great weekend!

Molly said...

I LOVE that song. Akon's voice rocks my world.

Ladyred said...

too funny! i was thinkign the same thing when i was trying to scrape off this sticker from a pear and had to just cut the part out because it wouldn't peel off. too funny....

Steakhead said...

Hey Bored- just to let you know, I bought the Born To Run DVD and watched it with the wife last night and it was awesome. Also, check out nj.com for a video clip of the Boss at the Meadowlands last week. There is a partial clip of Bruce doing a solo rendition of Backstreets on the piano. Have a great Thanksgiving!