Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Prize Patrol

  Posted by Picasa

Nooooooo, I didn't hit the Lottery, although that would be really great! There are different ways in which people measure wealth and success. For me, I have always measured someone's success or wealth by how they treat others and the impact they have on the lives of those around them.

I am a big believer in making a mark on someone or something. I believe that when you take on a job, you leave it better for the next guy than you had it when you got it. I believe in making a lasting impression on the people I come in contact with. That's my "religion" so to speak. Whether it be face to face, through a blog, through an email, or with a phone call I do my best to be a positive influence on those around me.

There are also those who make a great impression on me. They say it is harder to make friends as you get older and they also say it is harder to meet "the one" as you get older because people are set in their ways and they become more picky. Over the last few years and over the last few months I've made friends with some great people and have met people that are so amazing.

Tiny A was such a pleasant and unexpected surprise this year. Without getting too cheesy or personal, I just want to express what a wonderful person she is. She just has a way about her, she always finds a way to put a smile on my face no matter how bad the day may be. She is truly one of a kind and I am so excited about the summer and what is ahead for us. It gets better every day.

Then you have people like the Sugar V, C-Diddy, Hilda, Rich, and a few others. You all influence my life in such a positive way. So, today and every day that I see and chat with these people is a day I truly feel I hit "the jackpot." You really can't get any richer than this.

9 comments:

ThursdayNext said...

Chaz ~ you are priceless. You fill me with wonder, you make me laugh, and being around you is the best part of my week. I am so fortunate to have you in my life. Cheers to our summer months ahead!

WordWhiz said...

Clearly this is political pandering in your run for the presidency. I hope it works for you!

:-)

Unknown said...

Aaa...I got your jackpot righ'ere

supplymadam said...

Can I borrow $1000.00?

Fizzgig said...

I think it's easier to meet 'the one' cus you know exactly what you want, and don't want, and don't waste time on people who aren't worth it, like you tend to do when you are 'younger'.
But, great outlook!

Anonymous said...

You totally know how to make people feel special; and for that I have hit the jackpot with your & Tiny A's friendship. Thank you!

Steph said...

Awwwee, what a sweet post! So, uh ya, can I borrow some money too?

Anonymous said...

you're awesome charlie. and they are equally as lucky to have you.

Jenni said...

I agree with everything you just wrote, and I have to say I try and do the same thing.

Thank God there are people like us out there!

Cheers!