Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack To "C-Mac's Life"

 

Every great motion picture has a great story to tell. But, a great movie isn't complete without an amazing soundtrack. You need songs that fit the moods, the characters, their highs and their lows, their successes and their failures, and everything else in between.

We all have our own story to tell. Perhaps that's why we blog. We blog to share experiences and stories from the present and some from the past while we look ahead and wonder what awaits us around the bend.

As I drove to work this morning blasting the "Boston" album from my childhood, I asked myself what my soundtrack would be. If they were to make a movie about my life, what songs would have to be included to get it right and make my story complete and clear? I gave it quite a bit of thought today and I came up with a fitting list.

"More Than a Feeling" by Boston
"Scenes From An Italian Restaurant" by Billy Joel
"New Kid In Town" by The Eagles
"Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison
"Watching the Wheels" by John Lennon
"Lonesome Day" by Bruce Springsteen
"Ignition/Remix" by R. Kelly
"Every Rose Has It's Thorn" by Poison
"Winds of Change" by The Scorpions
"All Those Years Ago" by George Harrison
"New York Minute" by Don Henley
"Bobby Jean" by Bruce Springsteen
"Tiny Dancer" by Elton John
"Doctor My Eyes" by Jackson Browne
"Reelin' In The Years" by Steely Dan
"Shake You Down" by Gregory Abbott
"Against The Wind" by Bob Seger
"I Need A Lover That Won't Drive Me Crazy" by John Mellencamp
"Runnin' Down A Dream" by Tom Petty

That would be my soundtrack. A double CD for sure! Hopefully, I'll look back on this list in a few years and have lots more to add. What songs would HAVE to be on "The Soundtrack To YOUR Life?

Better yet, what actor would play me in my movie? I'd pick Edward Norton...talented actor, he would play me well.....who'd play you in your movie?


Every Rose Has It's Thorn
By Poison


 Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

ThursdayNext said...

Debra Messing would play me, hands down! She has the curly hair and the kookieness!

The Amester Soundtrack (excerpts)
Disc 1 - Work
1. Pressure - Queen
2. Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus

Disc 2 - Hobbies
1. Tiny Dancer - Elton John
2. Red Red Wine - Simply Red

Disc 3 - Relationships
1. Straight Up - Paula Abdul
2. The Answer - Sarah McLaughlin

Disc 4 - Friends/Family
1. New York, New York - Sinatra
2. Wonderful World - Ray Charles

:)

Unknown said...

Gary Glitter would be your sound track and it would be a Toss up between George Michael or Richard Simmons to play you.

Heather said...

Hmmm...

I really don't like thinking this much so early in the morning.

I have to say that I'm surprised there is only one Bruce song on the soundtrack...

I think I would like for Ms. Jolie to play me in my movie... But, someone like Ione Skye is more realistic.

Only one song that I can think of right now...
These Boots Were Made For Walkin'...
and NOT the Jessica Simpson version...

Anonymous said...

Can I be in your movie? ;)

Actually, I'd like to make a movie with you, a "home" movie.

supplymadam said...

Edward Norton! Perfect for you.
I was going to say Debra Messing because someone told me I reminded them of her once.But that was used already(thank you TN). So I guess I will go with Julia Lewis Dreyfus because I'm a little kooky.
That's some list of theme songs you got there. I guess any song with the word crazy in it ti would be good for me. "Crazy Train" I can't think of any other song right now.

R said...

Guns n roses - November Rain.

Fizzgig said...

Not suprisingly, I've thought about who'd play me, and it would be Sally Field. She can do dramatic, funny, crazy...that's me. My fave soundtrack is for Scream 3. For my own life:
Here I Go Again -Whitesnake
Sign on the Door -Edwin McCain
Crazy In Love - Eminem
Promise To Try - Madonna