Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Trash Talkin'

  Posted by Picasa

As you all know, I am not a huge public bathroom fan. I avoid them as much as I can. Unfortunately, when you spend 9 hours at the office, you have to pee at least once or twice throughout the day, so I am forced to use the bathroom there. The bathrooms at my office are single occupancy. There are 2 mens rooms and 2 ladies rooms. The mens room on my side of the building is usually pretty clean and it is pretty spacious for a single occupancy bathroom.

Each day after I pee, I wash my hands, then dry them with paper towels, then I use the paper towel to shut the water off and to open the door. I then toss the paper towel in the bathroom garbage pail next to the toilet. Each day, I notice an article of trash that does not belong in a bathroom pail, usually a food wrapper. Today, there was a Twix wrapper on top of all the garbage. Who is eating a Twix on the toilet? The other day, there was a snack sized Cheetos bag in the pail, last week a Doritos bag, and a granola bar wrapper. Who is eating on the bowl? I find that to be quite nasty. Haven't they ever heard the expression "Don't shit where you eat." Or in the case "Don't eat where you shit." I am baffled by this. I suppose I'd get really alarmed if I saw a pizza box or a McDonald's bag in that pail, but it's just a matter of time. By summer, I am sure I'll see paper plates, place mats, and a soda machine in there. I just don't understand people.......

10 comments:

Fizzgig said...

Hm. Not something I'd picture men doing.
We had a girl at our office, who would put her tuna can in the bathroom. Yes, it was really a tuna can, you could see it in there. It stank up the whole place. She didn't want to stink up the whole department, she said. So we had to smell fish while using the can. That's just sick!

Heather said...

Ewwwwwww....

supplymadam said...

PIZZA PARTY IN THE BATHROOM!
Mon-Tuna can in the bathroom garbage? Now that's just wrong.

ThursdayNext said...

I hate it when my colleagues eat in the English Resource Center. There are no windows...go to the cafeteria! We have work to do here!

Unknown said...

I guess it gives the food a little flavor.

Charlie Mc said...

****UPDATE****

I JUST WENT IN THERE, TODAY WAS A CRACKER JACK BAG.

Kristi said...

maybe its the garbage can proximity......

Kinda like when you see those signs on the highway....Next Gas 100 miles.....

the other is just too icky to consider. BlEcK!

afromabq said...

it could be worse charlie...you have no idea how nasty some women are about not covering their monthly articles...

R said...

That's a sick thought people eating on the toilet.

My question is why do people choose to shit in public places? Can't you wait until you get home to do it? Every time I have to do a little business in the Target bathroom, it always smells like poo. Plus they crank up the heat. HOT and POOIE yuck....

Vixen said...

Some people can be SO nasty...I wonder if the women's bathroom is the same? You should investigate!