Friday, May 12, 2006

TGIF...........Indeed!

  Posted by Picasa

Not sure if Barry Bonds tied Babe Ruth's 714 home run record last night because I had a migraine and was asleep early, but I tied "the babe" today with my 714th posting!

Anyway, I am glad it is Friday! It's been a long and interesting week. Tonight I have a party to attend with the folks next door, tomorrow, a Yankee game with Tiny Amester, followed by a much needed ALONE night with Tiny A. Although we love you all, there will be no friends, family, roomies, dogs, or anyone, just me and Tiny Amester tomorrow and tomorrow night. Sunday is Mother's Day and I will be spending it with her.

So yesterday, I was listening to Elton John's "Anthology" on the way to work. His very early work brings back such great childhood memories. When "Tiny Dancer" was on, I couldn't help but change the words to "Tiny Amester." I got a big kick out of it and so did Christina who I carpooled with.

I am very exhausted today. I am looking forward to some relaxation this weekend. All my errands are done, laundry is done, just some good times this weekend. I hope you all have a great time as well!

"Hold me closer tiny amester
Count the headlights on the highway
Lay me down in sheets of linen
you had a busy day today"

5 comments:

ThursdayNext said...

I love the new version of the song. :) Thanks, baby. xoxoxo I am looking forward to our alone time, "music man."

Fizzgig said...

That is so cute! NOthing says adorable more than someone changeing the words of a song for you! And, thats a great song! It reminds me of "Almost Famous" excellent movie! Have a fun wknd with your girlie!!!!

supplymadam said...

Oh I love that song and your new take on it. I have migraine right now as I type. But it is actually going away slowly from my Excedrin Migraine.
I don't know about Babe Ruth's record though because he had 4000 less "at bats".

afromabq said...

you guys are soooo cute, i can't stand it! :)

714 posts...amazing! again, don't know how you do it, but i hope you keep doing it!!

Vixen said...

WOW 714 posts!!! Impressive!

Alone time is always good/important/indulgent... ENJOY! :)