Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Something NOT On The Menu

  Posted by Picasa

About seven years ago, I was working for a technology firm very similar to the one I currently work for. It was 1999 and everyone was in fear of a Y2K disaster. Back in late 1999, overtime was unlimited and we would all work 18 hour days to meet our customers' needs and to stock our personal bank accounts.

Each night, the owner of our company would buy us all dinner in appreciation for all of our hard work and dedication. Some nights there were 30 of us and our dinner bill would be over $500. Some nights we would get Chinese, some nights pizza, some nights Greek, depending on our mood. One night in particular, we ordered Italian from one of our favorite Italian restaurants nearby, Mama Theresa's. They knew us well in there and many of them spoke Italian. This particular night I went to pick up the meal. On my way out the door, Greg, our service manager yelled over to me..."Charlie, don't forget my bochini with ham!!!" Now, I never heard of a bochini, but I knew what a BOCCONCINI was...but I thought maybe it was something new.

Rich and I got to Mama Theresa's and picked up the order. We rifled through the 6 shopping bags full of food to make sure nothing was forgotten. I noticed Greg's "bochini with ham" was missing...so I called out "Where is the bochini with ham??????" Well, the ENTIRE crew running the front counter just stopped, like something out of a movie. They just stared at me and just starting laughing until they were crying. I did not understand what was so funny. One of the Italian guys pulled me aside and said "Do you know what you just asked for?????" I said "No, what??????" He said "A blow-job with ham!!!!" Well, despite being totally embarrassed, I started laughing so hard......damn I thought to myself, I knew it was BOCCONCINI, not bochini!!!!

Needless to say, a blow-job with ham was not on the menu that night, I took the BOCCONCINI with ham and the rest of the food back to work and we all got a great laugh over dinner.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so funnny Scotty!!!!

Fizzgig said...

Phew, is that all it takes? Know any more Italian? Where exactly is this place again???

supplymadam said...

They should have handed you a canoli and said "Here's your bochini with cream"!

Debi said...

wow! That's too funny!