Monday, July 02, 2007

I've Got You.....Babe!



Another week is upon us! Thank God it is only a 2 day work week for me, as I took off Thursday and Friday. Jen and I have some fun stuff planned for the 5 day weekend including running in a July 4th race together here in Long Beach. Should be fun!

This past Friday Night was a lot of fun. After a nice dinner at "The Cabana" Jen and I stopped off at the liquor store to get some stuff for drinks. We went back to my house and we had a few drinks. Jen had her Kettle 007's and I had my Kettle and OJ. After a few drinks, we headed out to a couple of local places. We really liked one in particular. It is a new place this summer called "The Beach House." It is really a fun place. It was pretty crowded when we got there, but it was a good crowd. I immediately noticed this guy that stood out from the crowd. I'd say the average age there was 28-30. This guy was in his 50's and was a dead ringer for Sonny Bono. He was in the middle of the crowd and getting into the jukebox music well before the DJ came on.

We made our way to the bar for round one of drinks and headed to the back where the dance floor/DJ were. About 10:30 the DJ started playing music and Sonny Bono went NUTS! He was dancing like a madman all over the place. Being the instigator that I am, I kept pointing his way and saying "You the Man!!!" and making him go crazier. You'll see a picture of Mr. Bono above. It was dark and he was moving so fast it was difficult to snap a good picture......

About 11:45 my friend Christina joined us. I told her I was going to get Sonny over to dance with her. She told me she would kill me. So...when she turned her back...I pointed to Sonny, then pointed to Christina. Sonny immediately came over and summoned her to dance, but she strongly resisted and left Mr. Bono hanging!

We had a great time.....I hadn't danced outside of my old house (Club 69) in a while. The thing I found most interesting that night was the fact that even the really younger aged people there got into the "older" music more than today's music. Sure they were enjoying "today's" hip hop and rap music, but when the 80's songs came on, the dance floor filled up quickly.

The Beach House is great and I can't wait to go there again. The huge bar that was in the same place last year called "The Twisted Kilt" was never packed...this place packs them in...same location....very strange!

Everyone have a great day! :)

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I just hope that in 20+ years I can cut a rug as great as this guy can! I can't wait to see him there again so I can learn some moves! I'm looking forward to the run! What a great way to start a vacation! :)

Fizzgig said...

I love when there is that one person out at the bar that seems oblivious to what others may think. They sure make for a fun evening! Enjoy your vacation!

Lisa said...

So you had a Sonny sighting? Sounds like a fun place. Nothing like 80's music. They just don't make 'em like that anymore.
Enjoy your vacation CMac. Looking forward to reading about your vacation adventures.

ThursdayNext said...

Happy Vacation Charlie! Harry and I hit The Beach Bar on Saturday for an imprompteu dinner/drink night...we loved it! Of course we were there much earlier and it was on the quiet side! The food was faboo (get the mussels next time you go) and I love that they serve Blue Moons with orange peel, not lemon! :) Next time you and Jen go, call us!

Anonymous said...

happy 4th!

Christie E. Little said...

Blue Moons With Orange!!!! My favorite! Who on Earth would serve them with Lemon or Lime? Ugh! Ok, sorry I continued on from Tiny A.

Happy Fourth!