Thursday, June 14, 2007

Have A Nice..................Weekend??



"Everybody's working for the weekend
Everybody wants a little romance
Everybody's goin' off the deep end
Everybody needs a second chance, oh
You want a piece of my heart
You better start from start
You wanna be in the show
Come on baby lets go"

On Wednesday I heard one of my employees say "Have a nice weekend" to the Poland Spring delivery guy at work. Granted, the Poland Spring guy only comes every two weeks and my employee would not see him again before the weekend, but isn't that a little premature? Have a nice afternoon, have a nice day, or have a nice night wouldn't have sufficed? It was freakin' Wednesday before noon!!!!! Not even the official halfway point of the work week!

I think the earliest a person should wish someone a "good weekend" is Thursday afternoon if you know you won't see that person again before the weekend. Even Thursday morning isn't close enough I think.....your thoughts?

It is the same bunch of folks that wish someone a "Happy New Year" past January 15th. Even if it is the first time you have seen me since the new year began, too late, just ask me how I've been. I give someone a week to get their Happy New Year salutation out of the way.

I start saying good afternoon at work at 11:30-11:45am when answering my phone. Let's face it, the morning is over.

What are your greeting policies?

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I look forward to the weekend as much as the next person, but, really...if you say "have a good weekend" on Wednesday afternoon, it's like a reminder that the weekend is still 2 1/2 days away!!! Good afternoon works fine before Friday for me.

Unknown said...

I start wishing people a good weekend on Friday afternoons only, I don't like to be reminded that the weekend is out of reach before noon on Fridays.

As to good afternoon, I stick to the 12:01 policy, it's good morning before then. And I am one of those people who TOTALLY looks at the clock before I answer the phone every day at work.

Lisa said...

Definatley Friday's and late Thursday for wishing people a "nice weekend" although sometimes I just say it out of habit and then I realize it's only Monday.

ThursdayNext said...

Ok this is making my head spin. First of all, what happens when you email someone and its 11:30am and you know you wont send it until after noon...do you stick to the moment and say good morning, or do you say good afternoon? Secondly, when do you start saying good evening? See, I think anything past 4 is game, but most people would say 5. As for have a good weekend...well, we need to work like the Europeans. Period. No one needs to say "have a nice weekend" when you can take a two hour siesta every day. :)

Christie E. Little said...

Well I'm a Friday girl. You are soo a Thursday guy.

Hmmmmm It's Monday where are you now..lol.

Heather said...

Have a great weekend, Mac...

Glad you're back. There has been a void in the blog world! ;)