Monday, June 25, 2007

Does It Really Matter????


I should preface this blog entry by saying that I don't hate any one "group" of people...I just happen to hate most everyone...so here goes......

In my weekend travels, I pass many store fronts. Whether it be here in the "City By the Sea" or in one of the five boroughs of New York City, I like to people watch. Lately I have noticed a big trend. Fat women getting manicures and pedicures very frequently. Now, don't get me wrong, nice nails and feet on any woman is a good thing.....but...shouldn't these "big" women start on the obvious first??? It's like only painting the trim on your house and letting the rest of it rot away.....I don't get it. Shouldn't the big job get done before the little details?

Do they think that when they go out later that night people are going to look beyond the 80lbs of belly fat bursting over those low rise jeans that they painted on? You know the pants...the ones where the zipper and button are holding on for dear life. I get it.....a guy is going to look beyond your ass that is six axe handles wide and admire your toes.....

I don't discriminate. Fat men do the same shit. They will go out and spend a fortune on a "nice" car or "nice" clothes...thinking a woman is simply going to look beyond the potato chip crumbs lost in their crater sized belly button. These guys haven't seen their dick since the Nixon administration....yet they make sure to fine tune the little points.

About two months ago I was walking Bruce in my neighborhood. It was a Friday Morning around 7am. On the corner of my block and the main road there is a huge 24 hour bagel store. I was crossing the street (I had the light in my favor) in front of the bagel store when out of nowhere this 350lb guy EATING A BAGEL while driving his huge SUV almost runs us over. He rolls down the window and asks "Why are you walking your dog in the street????" I turned to him and said "The question of the day shouldn't be about me walking my dog...the question of the day is DO YOU REALLY NEED THAT BAGEL YOU FAT FUCK??????" He was stunned and just drove away......

Another story about looking at the "fine points" and missing the big picture.... I am hooked on a certain flavor of Vitamin Water. It is called XXX. It has a ton of antioxidants...pomegranate juice, blueberry juice...and some other berry juice...anyway it is really good for you. Jen and I were on the beach on Saturday soaking up ths sun and enjoying each other's company and "people watching." In front of us was a group of about 8 twenty-somethings. One girl was drinking one of the XXX Vitamin waters while she was bragging about how good it was for her. Meanwhile, she had a cigarette in the other hand and was puffing away in between gulps of the vitamin water. I don't understand people.......

10 comments:

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

I think the priorities are just screwed up...personally, I skip the mani/pedi if it means I have to skip the run on the treadmill because most guys are going to look at my figure first, and then they'll look at my hands, but probably to see if there is a ring before they check for pink nails. It could also be what makes some people fat in the first place - laziness. It's easy to sit in the chair and let someone file your nails, but it takes some effort to put on the shorts and hit the treadmill or the street.

Darcey said...

Eh, I don't know. Maybe its just one of those things that they consider a "pick me up" if they had a bad day. Or maybe that is becoming their reward for something done well (i.e., a project at work) instead of going out for the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream.

While I'm not as svelte as I'd like to be (but trust me, my 90 minute daily workouts are changing that quickly), mani/pedis are the ultimate in relaxation for me, and much better than splurging on something that will undo my workout. That, and considering I work in an office where we can be very liberal with our clothing choices, wearing open-toed shoes makes having clean and well-groomed feet a MUST.

Lisa said...

You friggin crack me up. You come up with some funny sheeeet.
I don't even bother with manicures as I like the natural look and my beauty course helped for doing my own pedicures. I have this thing about picking up some infection.

Anonymous said...

um i don't like you anymore. you're a meanie. lol.

i'm fat and i get my nails done all the time. and ya know what? i'm happy just the way i am; fat bursting outta my jeans and all.

doesn't mean i can't look as nice as i can with what i've got.

Vixen said...

Your right. As I speak for those who need to loose weight, we should focus on the BIG things first. But sometimes in order to stay motivated to work off the big things we need little treats along the way.

And I personally just find it a relaxing little get away...there must be something guys like to do to get away from reality besides drink and play with themselves... lol ;-)

ThursdayNext said...

Even the treadmill crew has issues! A few weeks ago when I was en route to NYSC, I saw two women who were clearly headed to the gym *FIGHT* over a closer parking space. Hello? You are going to the gym! Does it really matter if your car is a few steps more to get too?

Geez.

Fizzgig said...

I hear a lot of women say that their feet and hands don't get fat, so that's why they spend money on shoes, and mani pedi's. I'm not into that sorta thing so I dunno. I paint my own nails. But I think I've seen some fat hands and feet in my day.

Christie E. Little said...

Oh Charlie..I know you're back when you start on your fat person rant. LOL. I do agree with you, though. I don't hate anyone or discriminate and sometimes a woman may be working towards something and rewarding herself with a little pedi, doubt that is often the case. Walking Walking and Sweating will do wonders. Mommyhood hits some women and it all goes downhill. Others just don't get it. Tooo bad. I love my walking with my iPod.
xoxo
C

Christie E. Little said...

ps...if you're fat...then at least pretty feet are a good start. taking care of oneself is a beginning. :)
xoxo
C