Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Time Has Come

  Posted by Picasa

Well here we are, October. Crisp autumn breezes, 7pm sunsets, falling leaves, air conditioners taken out of the windows, and playoff baseball. The playoffs start today and I am so ready!

The front windows of my home are complete with NY Yankees decor. You can feel the spirit of the playoffs throughout the neighborhood. Although there are quite a few METS fans on the block as well.

Around the corner, there is a deli that I stop by often. The staff in there are obsessed Mets fans who all wear Mets gear, have Mets games 24/7 on the TV's, and pictures of the Mets all over. Needless to say, I get teased a lot when I go in sporting my Yankees cap.

Lately, there has been an old drunk man with his wife and dog that hang out at the front door of the deli each night in their Mets gear. The old dude has been heckling me and crazy for the last week. Tonight was the first night in a while that i was able to go in for my snack without being harrassed, because according to the deli clerk..."You just missed him!!!" Wheeeeeeeew.

April seems like an eternity ago for me. I moved in May, had a long and crazy summer, said goodbye to some, and hello to some new people.....but the constant has been my Yankees. They are always there for me.

Tonight I have early dinner plans, then I am going to run home like a boy to see the first pitch. For those of you who have a passion for our national pastime, you understand what the next few weeks mean when your team is in the playoffs. When you are a Yankee fan, a Yankee player, or the Yankees owner, just making it isn't enough. Anything short of a championship is a failure.

1 comment:

supplymadam said...

With that line up and that payroll the Yankees better win,hahahah!