Thursday, October 05, 2006

That Autumn Feel

  Posted by Picasa

Sure I am still in denial that summer is over. I still have all the windows open, my bedroom air conditioner runs all night, I still run in shorts, wear polo shirts to work, and refuse to put the beach gear away. But lately, autumn is in the air.

I had my first slice of pumpkin pie last night. That flavor IS autumn. Just the smell of pumpkin pie makes me think of fall. I went out and bought a bunch of pumpkin pie scented candles and lit them all over the house tonight. The crisp breeze is blowing, playoff baseball is on TV, all I need is "Moondance" on the stereo to make this fall night complete.

The leaves don't start turning real color for another week or so here on Long Island. They don't reach their peak color until the last week of the month. I can't wait for the Sunday drives out to the vineyards, the farm stands, the pumpkin patches and the fall foliage.

Anyway, I've been so busy, sorry I haven't checked in. Lots of social activities going on. I need to get back in the blogging swing of things.........

Hope you all have a great weekend. I have some good stuff planned.....should be fun. Go Yankees!

4 comments:

Fizzgig said...

I love the smell of a bonfire in the fall! And the sound of leaves crunching under your feet. I wish it lasted longer than it does.

supplymadam said...

Oh yes the smells of fall. Right now I can smell my pumpkin spice potpouri coming from my bathroom.
A friend of mine gave me pumpkin flavored dog biscuits that her neighbor makes around the holidays and Angus loves them and gives him good smelling breath.

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love this time of year, especially here. The leaves are on the ground already. Can't wait to go for my weekend drives upstate. And pumpkin pie is my absolute favorite. Yum!

Have a great weekend, Charlie!

Darcey said...

I love everything about fall... Especially because the cooler weather makes it easier for me to spend time in the kitchen without feeling like I'm working in a sweatshop. I made chocolate caramel pumpkin bars yesterday... divine!