Monday, October 16, 2006

Oh What A Night.....

  Posted by Picasa

Saturday Night was a night I was looking forward to all week. Sugar V, his wife Nebraska Girl, Caren, Christina, and Joe all came over for homemade pizza night.

I prepared all day cleaning and shopping. I was in charge of all the appetizers. I prepared some great stuff like artichoke hearts, prosciutto, grapes, cheeses, olives, bruchetta, and other odds and ends. Sugar V and Nebraska Girl brought the homemade dough to make the pizza.

Sugar V and wifey arrived about 5. We proceeded to start the sauce and get the appetizers ready for the table. Caren arrived a little while later with treats for my pup and Sugar V's favorite...CANNOLIS! We all had wine and waited for Christina and Joe to arrive.

When Christina and Joe arrived, we sat in my favorite room in the house, the front sun room where we ate, laughed, and listened to music..... not to mention drank wine, LOTS of wine. Earlier that day, I bought 7 bottles...and Joe brought 6 with him...so needless to say we were stocked.

Two hours flew by and we were all tipsy from the wine. Caren and I stayed behind and chatted while the other four went into the kitchen to start the pizzas. I had only seen Caren that one time weeks ago in NYC, so I thought it was a good time to get acquainted...and besides...I did not want to see what four semi-drunk friends were going to do to my kitchen.

While they got the pizzas rolling, I turned on some Italian music to set the mood as the wine kept flowing. There was singing, dancing, flour throwing, and a host of things going on. We thought it would be nice to invite my neighbor Mario, the 76 year old guy from Italy who lives across the street. So Caren and I staggered across the street to get him to come over. He walked across and had so much fun with us.

The pizza was absolutely amazing. Sugar V and the crew did a kick ass job. We then got "club 69" going with disco music, disco lights, and lots of dancing. I even busted out my disco outfit I bought for my block party a couple of months ago...it was a crazy night.

In total, we consumed 12.5 bottles of wine, 8 pizzas, a few trays of appetizers....and lots of cannoli and cannoli cake that Christina had custom made with the name "Sugar V" written across it.

It was great having my closest friends over and it was great talking with Caren all night. My kitchen looked like a crime scene the next morning when I woke up to the two dogs barking on 2 hours sleep, a hangover, and a headache. But, it was worth it. Three hours later, I had a spotless house, a shower, and a full day to sleep......

Why can I drink vodka all night and never get drunk, but I get tipsy from wine so quickly? It is a mystery to me......

This weekend the six of us may be doing the pumpkin picking, wine tasting (oh no, not more wine), and the whole Eastern Long Island autumn experience......I can't wait.

5 comments:

Fizzgig said...

Sounds like a fun time! I don't know, what it is about wine, it's also a creeper! You don't know you're drunk til you have to pee. Wine hangovers are the Worst too!
But sounds like you had a lot of fun!

Christie E. Little said...

Oh you little tease...

I want to know more..lol!

Anonymous said...

yum! that pizza looks awesome. i'm glad you had such a great time.

supplymadam said...

You peeps sure know how to have fun. Everything sounds so yummy. You just can't beat Italian food,especially when an Italian makes it.

Unknown said...

P.S. by the way that picture is not one of my pizzas...I'll foward you one.