Monday, October 09, 2006

For More On This Story.....

  Posted by Picasa

Log on to our web site at www.____________. What the fuck is that all about? Don't you hate when you sit through an entire show and get really involved in it, then they wrap it up poorly and say "For more on this story, log onto our website." Why fucko? I am here, just fuckin' tell me now!!! Very frustrating.

Anyway today was John Lennon's birthday. He would have been 66. Somehow I can't picture John as a senior citizen. Just like I can't picture JFK, Marilyn Monroe, Jim Morrison, or James Dean with grey hair. It's weird how these people stay forever young in our minds. I enjoyed the usual noon "Beatles Block" on Q104.3 Today they played all solo John. I cranked it up on my lunch break. I was pounding the steering wheel singing "Give Peace a Chance."

This past Saturday was "Irish Day" here in Long Beach. Each year on the 1st Saturday of the month, the west end shuts down for a parade and a "festival." Basically it is just thousands of drunken people staggering around the neighborhood. Although hearing bagpipes to start the day never hurt anyone....right?

Saturday was a celebration of my Irish side....today, although I worked, was a celebration of my Italian side. I took a ride to an amazing italian store for lunch. I got the best sandwich. Prosciutto, Salami, Roasted red peppers, and fresh mozzarella on semolina bread. I couldn't help but wash it down with a liter of Pellegrino sparkling water.

It's a great fall evening here in Long Beach. My run was great and the view outside right now is even better..although the dogs rolling around and nipping at each other somehow takes away from the tranquility.

Hope you all had a fun weekend! :)

3 comments:

Fizzgig said...

Oh yea, I can't wait to see what skinny bitches die before their 40. Is that mean of me to say? But seriously...half the girls in 'Hollywood' will have heart attacks brought on by starvation, and never live to be senior citizens, much less their prime.

supplymadam said...

Paul Macartney did pretty well as a senior citizen,yes?
Isn't italian food the best?
Irish folks-any excuse to get blotto.

R said...

Jim Morrison was hot. Wouldn't want to lose that picture in my mind! What do you think Kurt Cobain would look like now? Would he still have the long hair? How many more albums do you think he would have made? That sandwich sounds yummy!!!