Monday, September 25, 2006

Monday Exhaustion

Shouldn't you be rested and ready to go on a Monday? I am absolutely exhausted today! But, I had a great weekend.

Friday Night I went for my run after work in the middle of a wind storm. It was one of the toughest runs in a long time, but I got through it. When I got home T-Unit was arriving at my house. I showered up and me and her went for a nice dinner down the street at a "family style" Italian place. It was nice to eat "real" food for the first time in a couple of weeks. After dinner we watched the rest of the Yankee game and just hung out at my house with Brucey Boy.

Saturday I woke up early and ran a couple of errands. Sugar V picked me up around 10:15am and we went to his house to begin our little NYC adventure. When we arrived his wife Nebraska Girl and KW, the very nice young lady Sugar V works with were waiting for us. We walked over to the train station and caught the train to NYC. As usual our conversations were hilarious, complete with tons of insults...all in good fun of course. When we arrived in NYC's Penn Station, we caught a Subway downtown to the South Street Seaport. We had plans to the the "Bodies" Exhibit down there. We stopped off for lunch at a little outdoor restaurant before proceeding to the exhibit.

Sugar V and I were a little leary of this exhibit. We weren't sure how it was going to be. It was actually very fascinating. After the exhibit which took us about 90 minutes, we walked through Chinatown, to Little Italy where the Feast of San Gennaro was being held. It was so crowded and stuffy, so we decided to hop a Subway to Brooklyn, the Sugar V's old lesbian neighborhood for some window shopping/shopping/eating/drinking.

Park Slope was very nice. We had a great dinner and found a little spot for drinks where we sat for a few hours. About 11 Kettle One and orange juices later, I found myself BEHIND the bar with the bartenders serving shots. We had a blast.

The train ride home was humorous as well. We got back to Sugar V's place around 2am where he cooked up some pasta with his world famous sauce. It was a scene straight out of Goodfellas, eating a pasta meal at 3am. Around 3:45 KW left and Sugar V dropped me at home.

I was all set to sleep in, but the dogs woke me up at 8am wanting to go out. I could not fall back to sleep. I got up and showered and got my day started. At noon I picked T-Unit up and we met her brother and his girlfriend for lunch, then we saw Jackass 2. It was pretty humorous. After the movie we headed to my house and crashed watching a movie.

It was great hanging out with Sugar and Nebraska..and of course KW. I hope we have another little adventure soon. How was your weekend?

3 comments:

Fizzgig said...

Did you eat at buca de bepo? I go there once a year at a company event cus it's so far away. YUMMMMEEEEE. I went to a craft show and got rained on, then I got sick. You had way more fun!!

Christie E. Little said...

Such a single's man weekend. Love it. Pasta at 2am...so Goodfellas.

I've missed reading you...but keep it up because yours always give me the morning laugh.

Hmm...tired as well, but breathing much better after getting the kids off and my run.
xoxo

supplymadam said...

I can't top your weekend. I never can but we had a family reunioun in Westchester at a park on my husband's side. It was nice to see everyone. His cousin has a 13 year old dachsund that just walked around us all day. He was so cute though and his cousin told us he was on America's Funniest Home Videos with the dog where he was lying on his back and he was rubbing his belly and "Fitz" pissed in his face. They just replayed that one last week and I happened to catch it ironically,but didn't know it was them.