Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Finally! A Good Movie on the Horizon!

  Posted by Picasa

It's been a while since I was excited about a movie opening up. Lately, I've seen trailer after trailer for movies that haven't really captured my interest. Friday night, a movie about John Lennon (The US vs John Lennon) opens up in NYC and Los Angeles. (It opens for everyone else in a week). For those of you who know me, you know what a huge John Lennon/Beatles fan I am. I love John's solo work as much as his work with the Beatles. What I liked even more about John was his politics, his passion, and the way he made us challenge ourselves by "imagining."

The movie portrays a time in our country's history that is hauntingly familiar to what is going on right now. A country divided by it's leadership, by war, by religion, a struggle for civil rights, and a host of other social and political issues. It focuses on how our government tried to stop him from speaking out. (sounds a lot like our current state of affairs).

We are looking forward to venturing into NYC in the early evening on Saturday, having a fabulous meal in my favorite restaurant (Becco) and then heading to the show. I am sure it will be a perfect late summer/early fall evening. I'll have the review next week. I usually only go to "Strawberry Fields" on the anniversary of John's death, but a cool crisp night might make the walk very tempting on Saturday.

Oh, yeah "Jackass 2" opens up the following weekend, you know I will be there, that stuff cracks me up! That will open on Long Island, I wouldn't venture into NYC for "Jackass!"

1 comment:

supplymadam said...

Don't forget to wear your "Make Love Not War" tee shirt.
There will never be another Lennon.
Enjoy the movie.