Wednesday, August 23, 2006

What the "Summer Wind" Blew My Way

  Posted by Picasa

It is really hard to believe that there are just two "unofficial" weeks left of Summer 2006. It has really gone by in a flash. It has not been the greatest summer of all time, but it surely has had some memorable moments. I know I haven't been a good blogger since i moved back in May. I went from religiously posting daily to posting just a few days a week, if that. It's not that I've lost my humor, creativity, or desire to write, rather just a lot going on personally that has taken my attention away from this site. Anyway, as summer nears its end, I hope to get back to my writing like back in the day.

Anyway, tonight I am reflecting on the summer of 2006. I know there are still a couple of weeks left and that there will be some more memories to add to my list, but tonight I want to mention some of my favorites days/moments/experiences of summer 2006 and I'd love to hear yours as well. These are in no particular order, just what comes to mind as I write.....

* Hanging out with Tiny A in her yard and bbq'ing. What's great about Tiny A and I is the fact that we are both so passionate about food and that we both put so much effort into the feast. Her company is great, the food is great, our talks are great, she is great.

* The Yankee games I went to. Even though they lost one of the three I went to, of course the night with the kick ass seats they lose, going to the stadium is something I cherish.

* Going to the Brooklyn Cyclones game. Tiny A and I went to Brooklyn early, ate at the original Nathan's, took in the sights and sounds of Coney Island, drank in a dive bar, then went to the game. A great day indeed. Not to mention the great ride there and back complete with great music and laughs.

* The "Thirsty Thursday" party I had here a couple of weeks ago. Some work buddies came over after work and we sat in my yard and drank from 7-11pm, took sheleter from a massive thunderstorm in between, before taking in the nightlife of the bars and clubs here in the city by the sea. It was a great night.

* My walks down to "Uncle Louie's" Italian Ice store. Whether it be alone, or with a friend, the nice walk in town for a cold ice on a hot night was something I enjoyed so much this summer.

* Watching my dog Bruce swim in the bay. I got such a kick out of seeing him float and go crazy with his fellow doggies. The pics were great!

* The block party. It was a nice day and I got to see some friends I had not seen in a while, and my brother made it to Long Beach two weeks in a row!

* The Yankees sweeping 5 games at Fenway Park. Just awesome. Made my summer and hopefully got us on the right track to make it a great October!

* The day on Joe and Christina's boat. I love the ocean and to be cruising at 40MPH miles from shore was breathtaking. A gorgeous day indeed. No cell phone, no contact with anyone, just cruising the Atlantic with no worries.

* Even though it was a short email, hearing from Linda for the 1st time in a year. I miss her and her silliness.

* The Friday bbq's at work. Each Friday, I am the official "griller" at my job as we take time out to grill and enjoy a Friday summer luncheon together.

* CLUB 69! My house# is 69, so my neighbors call my house club 69 because of all the get togethers, loud music, and boozing that takes place here. The summer of '06 should be dubbed the summer of (house #) 69! So many fun moments in that front yard.

I hope the next 2 weeks bring a bunch more to add to the list. Let's hear your top moments of summer 2006!

6 comments:

ThursdayNext said...

In addition to the aforementioned, my favorite summer memories include the party at my friend Linda's with all my summer work friends, beach days, and dinner alfreco with the girlfriends in NYC. ;)

You are great, too, CMAC!

Charlie The Great.

Nice ring to it!

Anonymous said...

i best get an invite to club 69 soon.

Christie E. Little said...

Ooooh I love the Charlie The Great. No way do you live in #69! A party at Club 69 sounds perfect right about now.

Soak in the 2 weeks. Time is going entirely too fast.
xoxo
C

Fizzgig said...

sounds like a fun summer!
My favorite time was dancing in the rain fourth of july with my best friend. I hadnt done that since I was a youngin' and I felt just as giddy doing it!

supplymadam said...

It's so depressing when summer starts coming to an end although I do enjoy the seasons that follow.
The 2 block party's I attended were loads of fun,especially the one at #69.
Going to the beach,going upstate,Live at Five in Patchogue where they close Main Street and have bands playing in the street,a couple of craft fairs,listening to the sweet sounds of my crazy dog barking at the neighbors.
I still have another trip upstate at the end of September for a family reunion so my summer is not officially over.

Molly said...

Sounds like you had a good summer. I too can not believe that it is almost over. I'll miss the beach :-(