Monday, August 07, 2006

The 80's are Back?????

Happy Monday! It was a pretty good weekend over all. Got some rest in and had some fun as well.

Ok, so I loved the 80’s. I grew up in the 80’s and always hold that decade close to my heart, but some people refuse to let go of the 80’s. I went into the local deli around the corner from my house this morning for some breakfast. The woman behind the counter, whom I have never seen before, just blew my mind. She was clearly pushing 60, had that fake all-year-round tan going, she was dressed in SKIN TIGHT leggings, a tight shirt, with a Tammy Fay Baker makeup job, and a LEATHER FANNY PACK on!!!! I was like, what the fuck???? Oh, I did not mention the Blair from “Facts of Life” hairstyle she had going. All she needed was a fuckin’ Rubix Cube and a “Frankie Says Relax” T-shirt and she would have been all set! What a sight at 6:30am.

There is also a lady I see walking EVERY morning along the bike path on the Wantagh parkway that wears the “Flashdance” style shirt off the shoulders and a visor every morning. Let go already!

Have you ever heard a song first thing in the morning and it sticks in your head? While I was at the deli, “I’m Every Woman” by Chaka Khan was on the radio. It’s stuck in my head and I am trying my best not to sing it. I don’t want to get caught singing “I’m Every Woman” at the office. Gay Court would truly be in session.

Hope you all have a great Monday!

7 comments:

afromabq said...

gay court?? who would be the judge? oh, i know, i know (she's raising her hand)....Judge SugarV!!

Fizzgig said...

Unfortunatly I'm engaged to someone stuck in the 80's. I have to trash his clothes an article at a time in order for him to dress halfway normal. Jams? Hello?

I really hope I am not like that the older that I get.

Darcey said...

We opened up the "Victoria's Secret Fall Preview Clothing Catalogue" on Friday night. Not only were leggings rampant in the issue, but horror of horrors, they actually had STIRRUP PANTS!?!!!

I nearly fainted from shock. Instead, I laughed until it was painful and vowed to never, ever purchase a pair... again (yes, I wore them in the 80s, but I was 8 years old!).

R said...

OMG! The horror of the 80's sighting! Tight Leggins' too funny. Come to my next of the woods and you'll see that mostly everyone is still in the 80's. We have alot of people here with mullets and alot of people that dress like the 80's version of Dan and Roseanne....truly a treat....

supplymadam said...

The eighties oh my God! Brings back memories of disco at Uncle Sam's. Loved those disco nights. But I got over it.

Vixen said...

Actually, I was in some high end stores this past weekend and all the fall clothes are those leggings and huge oversized sweaters! I just can't bring myself to go back there...

Anonymous said...

i'm currently stuck on disco inferno by 50 cent. can't get that outta my head. lol.