Thursday, August 03, 2006

Ben Hur Hits Brooklyn

  Posted by Picasa

What's the obsession with rims? I never understood how someone could go out and spend hundreds on a set of rims. Half the time, the rims are worth more thna the cars they go on.

Last Saturday, on our way to the Brooklyn Cyclones game in Brooklyn, we saw a car on the parkway that had rims like the chariot in "Ben Hur." We laughed and I just had to snap a picture of it as we cruised down the highway. I thought for certain it was going to turn into an epic chariot race down the Cross Island Parkway.

Then there are the spinning rims. I don't get that whole deal. It's not like the person who actually thinks these are cool (the driver) can see them. The rest of us who don't like them have to sit and watch these things spin at a traffic light. STUPID!!!!!!

People actually still put bumper stickers on their vehicles. Most bumper stickers are moronic. I've seen ones that say "I love clams" or "I love my dog." Who gives a flying fuck???? Take the clam out of your ass and drive a bit faster fucko! While you are at it, stop putting peanut butter on your balls so fido can lick it off and drive a bit faster!

7 comments:

ThursdayNext said...

Its a good thing that you have a good eye and had me stay back from the Ben Hur Chariot, because my tires would have been slashed for sure and we would have lost the race to Coney Island!

As for bumper stickers...hmmm. There are a few that I don't mind:
"Tired of the Bushit"
"Could you be anymore up my ass?"
"Even though this is a stupid sticker, you are squinting to read it"
:)

Admin said...

They're called "Pimpmobiles," C-Mac. The worst examples are the black Escalades with the spinning inside rims. Nobody else buys those but pimps and drug dealers.

supplymadam said...

Remember the yellow diamond shapes signs with the black lettering that used to be popular? Most popular the one that said "Baby On Board"? Like I'm not going to puposely ram your rear end because you have a baby on board,otherwise I was thinking about doing it.
I had made my own sign. I bought a piece of yellow oaktag and black stick on letters and proudly put my homemade sign in my rear window that read "Stupid Sign In Window". I also made a couple for some friends.

Darcey said...

Hey stranger! Have you come on over to read my adventures in pole dancing post?
My fave bumper sticker has to be one that reads "If you can read this, flip me over" -- placed upside down on a Jeep Wrangler. (Particularly funny because a friend from high school actually flipped his jeep -- no injuries -- so I went out and bought him the sticker.)

Fizzgig said...

Rims dont make sense to me either. their freaking wheels. You hit the curb with them anyways. Or is that just me?
My all time favorite bumper sticker? "Grow dope Plant a man"
and
I'm fond of the geek bumper sticker /bush I'm not sure if that will come out right since it's coding.

Unknown said...

So you went to Brooklyn eh???

Kristi said...

hahahahaha!

My fav is the sign is the one Supplymadam mentioned......

"Baby on Board"

I think it gives them the excuse for whatever assinine driving manuever they've jsut pulled.

The kid made me do it