Sunday, August 13, 2006

One For The Books

Hey everyone! The weekend is over, and I am sad. It was definitely one for the books. My weekend started on Thursday Night with my work friends/local neighborhood friends gathering at my home for a night of serious drinking. I truly have never drank that much on a weeknight EVER. I was still up at at 'em by 6am Friday for work!

Friday I left work at 2 to get an early jump to the Yankee game. I had gotten some corporate seats right near home plate that I could not refuse. We all headed in and got to our seats in plenty of time to take in all the sights and sounds of Yankee Stadium. Although the Yanks lost Friday Night, we had a blast. I took some pics below for you all to see what amazing seats they really were.

On Saturday, my brother came to Long Beach for the day. I enjoy when he comes out to enjoy a day at the beach. We went for lunch and took in a typical Saturday here in the City By The Sea. Saturday Night, a small gathering at my house turned into an all out house party. I had about 15 people over for some food, lots of music, and tons of drinking and drinking games. The beer pong table came out and by 11:30pm, I fired up Christmas music and we all put on Santa hats and sang 45 minutes of all your favorite Christmas tunes. Needless to say, everyone who passed the house thought we were nuts and just cracked up. By 12:15am, the LBPD made its 15th trip to my home this summer to tell us to lower the music. They know all of us by now, including my dog Bruce.

Sunday, I slept in then headed out to a friends house to swim in the pool all day and we all had a nice dinner afterwards. I am home now, getting the house back in order and ready to start another work week, a shorter one, as I have a vacation day on Friday.

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend!





  Posted by Picasa

  Posted by Picasa

  Posted by Picasa

  Posted by Picasa
  Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you had a good one. mine was great also.

Admin said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Oh, BTW, you know me as Sock Monkey, but I mostly abandoned that one months ago. Froggie's my regular blog.

supplymadam said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your drinking weekend.
It was a beautiful weekend indeed! The beach was gorgeous and getting my car washed was a plus.Next weekend will be a good one.Looking forward to the block party I have on Saturday and a bridal shower on Sunday. Almost every weekend from here on in is planned.

Fizzgig said...

Sounds like a blast! It's good that Bruce is in good with the cops. You never know when you'll need him to talk your way out of a ticket. It'll also help to know when you've had too much...

Unknown said...

Was that your friend that lives in cherry grove???