Friday, July 07, 2006

Off Limits?

  Posted by Picasa

Ok, are there places where "checking out" members of the opposite sex, even discreetly, is just wrong? I say no. If an attractive woman passes through my field of vision, I should be able to have either an impure thought, or be able to acknowledge in my own mind that the person is attractive.

Last night Linda and I were at a funeral (wake/viewing, whatever you call it) at a funeral home. The father of an acquaintance of ours passed away Sunday, so we went and paid our respects last night. After we signed the "guest book" and offered our condolences to the family, we sat amongst other people we knew and many we did not know. There were about 100 people seated and about 100 more on line to get in. Linda and I started small talking and she asked me if I knew a particular girl that was seated near us chatting. I said no, I did not know her and I asked why. Linda said because she is gorgeous or something along those lines, and I agreed with her, the girl was very pretty. After Linda mentioned that, I noticed that the room was FILLED with very attractive women. It was then that I asked Linda if it was socially acceptable for us to be finding people attractive at a funeral. That got me thinking......

So, if I am in a church and a good looking woman comes in, am I supposed to completely block it out of my mind? A cemetary? What places are considered wrong to think about members of the opposite, or in the Sugar V's case, same sex? Something to ponder.......

5 comments:

Darcey said...

Hmmm... I think that having the thought that the person is attractive is okay in that kind of situation, but maybe not dwelling on it or discussing it out loud? I don't know.
Oh, and hope Cmacapalooza III is a great time this weekend! (It is this weekend, right?)

Peanutt said...

I think its just human nature to always check out an attractive person no matter where your at. I mean, maybe it is "wrong" in church b/c its impure thoughts that you shouldn't have, I suppose....but its not like your boinking them in the coat room or anything. I mean, do you really think Priests/Pastors/Fathers whatever NEVER EVER look? Yeah, right, we've heard the stories! I mean, after the wine and stuff like that? You know what happens when you add alcohol!!! LOL. Have a great weekend!!!!

Peanutt said...

Wow, could I have said "I mean" anymore in that comment? Sorry! LOL.

supplymadam said...

I think my OBGYN is cute. The problem with that is how can that be off limits?

Ladyred said...

I don't think any place is off limits. We are human. Can't just "turn off" those thoughts/feelings. Hell, I know people who have met their mates in stranger places (or even performed sexual acts in such places as churches etc. etc.). Is it wrong? In whose eyes?? The last funeral I went to was a damn party! Well the fact that most of the family hadn't seen each other in over 10 years was really the reason why. I paid respect to my grandfather, but I don't think he would have wanted us to be all solemn and crap. Not saying we broke out the party hats, but we reminisced about my grandfather, cried, talked loud, got to catch up on things. So, no I don't believe any place should be off limits. Now granted there is a limit to what I would want to SEE so yea I say 'get a room' hehe. But to think someone is sexy/what they would be like in bed? Go for it!