Monday, July 17, 2006

The Dog Days of Summer

  Posted by Picasa

Well, I have not posted a picture of my Brucie in a while, so I thought I would start the week off right. Brucie was panting and warm all weekend, bowls of ice water and "Frosty Paws" cooled him down. Here he is complete with his new bandana he got after a couple of hours at the new doggie spa that opened up around the block. Bruce was treated to a fancy bath, a manicure/pedicure, and a doggie massage. When I left him there for his day, I could hear him barking and howling almost the whole walk home. He was delighted to see me when I returned to pick him up.

The weekend was a pretty good one. HOT! I was at the beach most of the day Sunday. The day started off with a seagull flying overhead and taking a crap all over my right shoulder. They say that is good luck...we'll see! At least my friends got a laugh out of me running for the ocean to wash it off. It was the first time I was "in" the ocean all year. Sixty degree water isn't exactly my thing, but under the circumstances.........

Needless to say, my Irish features kicked in and I am sunburned! Hopefully by Wednesday, the sting will be gone.

We are in the middle of a heatwave....I'll be down the block on the beach each night this week! I wish they allowed dogs on there....Bruce would love it.

Hope your weekend was great!

6 comments:

Vixen said...

Brucie is SO Cute! :) What a great dad, treating him to a day at the doggie spa!

supplymadam said...

Brucie is just so friggin adorable. He sure is plialable. I just wuv him! Angus has to be knocked out ust to get his nails cut. Than goodness he lets his mom give him a bath. It would be difficult giving a limp dog a bath.

Darcey said...

Wow, Brucie's gotten big since the last photo (or the last time I remember seeing a pic of him). So cute!
Glad you had a good weekend - me & CB were at the beach, too, but I made sure he kept me covered in sunscreen, so I just have a nice golden glow. :)

Debi said...

My weekend was great...but I think your spoiled pooch's was way better! I want a weekend at a spa! LOL adorable pic though :)

The Diva ♥ said...

he's so cute but i could tell he's gain a couple pounds but im sure its all love! starbuck gain lots and loving it!

Admin said...

I have to wonder why you don't perform that doggie maintenance on him yourself. Paying someone else to do it for me is anathema.