Wednesday, November 15, 2006

More Than A Feeling

Ok, before I get into the real post, just a few random thoughts.

You know what bothers the shit out of me? When someone leaves you a voicemail or a text saying something like "I have to talk to you about 'something'" or "we need to talk about something." I mean just say what the hell it is and spare the person on the listening end the stress of wondering what the hell you need to "talk" about.

Because you know that when someone "needs to talk" to you, it is never good. Right?

Anyway, I have not been blogging much. Unfortunately, work has consumed my life, for the most part, over the last 4-6 weeks. For those of you I have neglected, nothing personal. Although I have been called out on it by a couple of people. Sometimes life just happens and you get consumed.

So, my brother moved last week, my parents are ready to go shortly after Thanksgiving. I guess that is kind of depressing. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for them and I know life will be easier for them down in NC, but it is just going to be strange.

Anyway, on with the blog. I've been watching a lot of old school MTV videos on YOUTUBE recently. It surely is a trip down memory lane. I was browsing VH1 Classic the other night and they had a show about albums. The question posed to everyone on the show was "What one album should EVERY music fan have in their collection?" This made me think. There have been hundreds of amazing albums over the last 40+ years. So many stand out in my mind. But I was able to pick one. If you DON'T own it, run out this weekend and buy it. I chose Boston's debut album BOSTON. This album came out when albums were really "albums". When the cover art was amazing and every song was mind blowing. I don't think the youngsters of today appreciate what an "album" really is. Now we download individual songs, and don't really appreciate the artists for all of their work rather than for just a hit song.

  Posted by Picasa

Boston's album came out when I was about six years old and it takes me back to my childhood years when my mom would play this album over and over again. But, I chose it not so much for the nostalgia, but for the lyrical, vocal, and musical quality this albums contains. The album gets better with each song and really stays with you.

I'll leave you with a great track from the album.....have a great day!

4 comments:

Christie E. Little said...

I remember my first "album." It was Saturday Night Fever. I guess I was 7. The next one was Grease. LOL..yes the musical movie theme. I wore them out.

The next big one was the Journey one spelled in the funky direction. Hmmmm..but my favorite "album" was Madonna's, first. I still have it, if you can believe that one.

I need to get one of those up on my site. I hope the "we need to talk" was painless.

Christie E. Little said...

ps...keep posting. I appreciate the depth and truth you share.

supplymadam said...

I think the "we need to talk" thing is somtimes a ploy to get us to call the person back. Dawn tries to get me to call back by saying what goes out in the wrap tonite "bottles or papers"?
So you were 6 when Boston mad their debut and I was at their debut concert.Man,am I old!

Kristi said...

Its nice that you shared yourself in this post.
Life can certainly get away from us so quickly when we are busy looking the other way.
Needing to talk isn't always bad.
I often use that phrase when I have something good on my mind!!
Take care.......