Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Crossing Guard


Every morning on my drive to work, I see the same things, because I am very regimented and leave the house at the same time each day. I see the same 30 something year old woman jogging along the Wantagh Parkway, rain or shine. I see the same Burgundy Jeep Liberty with the NY Yankee plates and the LA Lakers bumper sticker in the back window. I also see the same crossing guard in front of MacArthur High School. I have a problem with this lady. First of all she has to be 70 years old, and moves slower than a fucking turtle. Secondly, she has eyeglasses so thick, she can probably see Saturn and all of its moons. How are we trusting kids to cross the street directed by this lady? This morning it was drizzling and foggy, and she is wiping off the Hubble telescope (aka her eyeglasses) while she is walking with these kids. We may as well have Stevie Wonder at that intersection...at least he'd have a fucking seeing eye dog.....

What is the world coming to?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's like the guy you wrote about a while ago...the after-hours "bouncer" at the bagel store who is 400lbs. Neither one can do the job they were hired for...either that or the crossing guard has had the job since she was 30 and the bouncer since he was 215lbs!

supplymadam said...

She must have tenure.