Thursday, December 06, 2007

'Tis the Season


To be a miserable fuck, hahaha

Not sure about you, but over the years I've grown to dislike this time of the year. People really have forgotten what the holiday is all about. I am by no means religious, I am talking about family. My fondest holiday memories are of my childhood when my family was somewhat "functional" and normal. My grandparents really made the holidays what they were. After they passed, it was all downhill....but I think it is more than that.

As a child, we were all naive, and didn't know/realize how fucked up the world really was. We thought about Santa, candy canes, and toys. As adults, the holidays are about hustling, shopping, fighting crowds, and having Holiday music jammed down our throats from September through the New Year. I used to think people were sick fucks for being at a store/mall at 6am the day after Thanksgiving...now some open at midnight, some at 4am.....it is pure fucking greed. Months of stress, chipmunk music, traffic, and digging through the attic for old decorations...all to have it all over in a few hours. Is it worth it?

People flock to the Rockefeller center Christmas tree each year here in NY...but it is the same fucking tree year after year. Sure...the tree is from a different place each year...but it looks the same each year.....do something different! Amuse me. Make it worth the trip.

That's why summer holidays rock. No gift giving, no Hallmark telling me what I have to do, no slaving in the kitchen cooking enormous meals, no dealing with dysfuntional family members......just the beach, booze, a bbq, some fireworks, and relaxation. That's a fucking holiday.

2 comments:

supplymadam said...

For sure summer is the best holiday of all.
This time of year sure is stressful and exhausting. Maybe we should have Christmas every other year so we can at least catch up with the previous one.

Molly said...

Umm, did you ask before posting my picture on your blog?? *laugh*

Have a happy holiday CMac!