Monday, December 17, 2007

The C-Mac Endorsement

Today seems to be endorsement day. The Des Moines register endorsed Hillary on the Democratic side and John McCain on the Republican side, while The Boston Globe endorsed Obama and McCain.

With Oprah hitting the campaign trail for Mr. Obama, Barbara Streisand stomping for Hillary, and martial arts pro/actor Chuck Norris endorsing Mike Huckabee, I sit here and wonder if it really matters who endorses who. If somebody is in the voting booth undecided and remembers seeing Oprah with Obama and casts a vote for him based on that, we have bigger issues than I thought we had.

Here are some more celebrity endorsements for the 2008 run:

Home Improvement "King" Bob Villa has endorsed Hillary Clinton
Actors Tim Robbins and Kevin Bacon have endorsed John Edwards.
Baseball player Curt Schilling has endorsed John McCain
Folk Singer Ani DiFranco has endorsed Dennis Kucinich
Steven Spielberg has endorsed Hillary
Sean Penn has endorsed Dennis Kucinich

In the spirit of things, here is my endorsement.



John Edwards. Here's why. First, I'd NEVER vote Republican, so that knocks all those candidates out. On the Democratic side, Hillary is too polarizing and in my opinion, not sincere and genuine. I think she says what she thinks will be popular rather than what she really believes in. Obama is a 1st term Senator with no experience whatsoever. A year after being elected to the Senate he eyed this 2008 run. I think he needs more time building his resume. Although I really believe in what Dennis Kucinich has to say, he is too "out there". Joe Biden and Chris Dodd are good lawmakers, but not presidential in my opinion. Bill Richardson is a phony who couldn't get out of his own way as energy secretary.

I like Edwards. He is genuine, compassionate, has a plan, and could unite the country once again. His focus on poverty and his compassion for the poor reminds me a lot of Bobby Kennedy. I like his stand on health care, the environment, and the war in Iraq. So, come primary time, he will be getting my vote.

5 comments:

Panthergirl said...

I like him a lot as well. Hilary is someone that I probably wouldn't like so much personally, but I do think she can do the job. I love Bill, however.

But I do like John Edwards. Unfortunately I think his wife's illness is going to derail his campaign.

So nice to "see" you again!!

Christie E. Little said...

I really do love the "Sleeper," as Time has named him. I am staying far away from Hillary. I'd vote for Bill in a heartbeat, again. Obama is my first vote.

I've missed Cmac.
Christie

Fizzgig said...

you hit the nail on the head. people DO vote based on endorsements, or things they say that really don't matter in the grand scheme of things, but thats the world we live in unfortunately!

Darcey said...

Well, there's one thing that could be said about the celebrity endorsers (I'll use Oprah as the example): If someone follows Oprah religiously, and is drinking the Oprah Kool-aid like it's the water disappearing here in Georgia, there's a damn good reason they'll think that Obama is the right guy because Oprah believes in him.

That's the obvious statement, no?

(I'm off my blogging game today... I had something so much more witty in the hopper, but it's not connecting down to my fingertips.)

I like Edwards. I like Hillary. I'm still kinda "meh" on Obama. If Bill were running, I'd vote for him.

I think that's why my vote is going towards Hillary - I think that so many of the Oval Office decisions were mutually "Billary" ones while Mr. Clinton was in office, that the trend will continue, and we could get a more experienced version in 2.0.

supplymadam said...

There really is no perfect candidate as far as I am concerned but I like Huckabee's personality. He seems to be the most honest
and I also know a few democratic voters that like him as well.

Edwards always helped the little guy as long as he got a million dollars out of it.
His prime source of his making his millions was mainly from babies born with cerebal palsy,in other words he followed the money.
The cause of cerebral palsy has been debated since the 19th century. Some medical studies dating back to at least the 1980s asserted that doctors could do very little to cause cerebral palsy during the birthing process. Two new studies in 2003 further undermined the scientific premise of the high profile court cases that helped Edwards become a multi-millionaire and finance his own successful campaign for the U.S. Senate.
So he knowingly went after these cases knowing they could not be disproven.