Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Christmas Post Game Show

I hope everyone had an amazing holiday! Mine was the best in a very long time. I am back at the office as we speak....yuck...but it should be a slow week with a chance to catch up on some things here and prepare for the rush after the New Year.

The weekend was full of holiday preparations....not gift shopping, Jen and I finished that a long time ago...this weekend we had a lot of food shopping to do. I hosted my first Christmas Eve ever. With my family living so far away, I tried to carry on some of the Italian traditions. Jen, her mom, her dad, and her brother all came over. Jen and I made flounder, baked clams, and a great pasta dish with veggies, garlic and olive oil. After eating all that...including the shrimp Jen's parents brought over...we sat for a while chatting, laughing, and telling stories. About 90 minutes later....Jen and I put out all the Italian cheeses, olives, cold cuts, and breads. That's my favorite part of Christmas Eve! :) About an hour after that came the cannolis, pastries, cookies, etc. Needless to say, I had a food hangover when I woke up Christmas Morning.

Jen and I exchanged our gifts Christmas Eve after her family left. I got such amazing/thoughtful gifts including a great digital camera, XM satellite radio (with ability to use it home/in the car/at the office), great stuff for my new apartment, colognes, dvd's (I now have seasons 1-8 of Seinfeld...1 more season and I have the whole set!), and so much more. I was really overwhelmed by everything she did for me. I was so glad she enjoyed her gifts as well. One of her gifts was a Kitchen Aid artisan mixer. She had wanted that for a while, and since she loves to cook and bake, I thought it would be perfect.



Christmas Day, Jen, Bruce, and I ventured out to Eastern Long Island to spend it with her family. We had a great dinner...lasagna, one of my favorites...and turkey, stuffing, and a ton of other things. We had such a great day/night. It was 46 degrees here yesterday.....which is very warm for December 25th....so Bruce played outside for a bit, but was more interested in what we were doing inside. This picture cracks me up. He hopped up on an outdoor patio table so he could watch us unwrap gifts...he always thinks he is missing something.....



I hope you all had a great holiday as well! :)

6 comments:

Darcey said...

Glad to hear you had a great Christmas, C-mac!
And as a girl who likes to spend time in the kitchen, the Kitchen-Aid Artisan Mixer is a great gift! (I got mine 3 years ago, and I love it!)

supplymadam said...

Glad you can keep your traditions with your friends.
I need to get me a Kitchen Aid. This year we got a much needed stove plus other odds and ends. A Marhta Stewart fiber filled comforter and may I add quite warm. It helps with the oil bill plus Angus likes to sink his body into it.
Brucie looks great. Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year C-Mac!

Fizzgig said...

bruce is the cutest! sounds like a fabulous christmas! I got wine glasses from my boyfriend. Uh...yea. You did way better, at least she wanted this mixer, and those are pretty bad-ass! Glad to read you enjoyed the holiday!

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you enjoyed Christmas this year! It was the best Christmas I've had in a long time too, and not because I got the Stand Mixer (although that was a HUGE highlight!). My family was in awe at the massive courses of food!!

ThursdayNext said...

I am so glad that you and Jen had the bestest of Christmases. :) I wish you all great things in the New Year!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the Seinfeld dvds! It's the best collection there is, and I can't wait to get season 9!