Thursday, August 09, 2007

Wild and Wacky Week....



You know it is a crazy week when a tornado hits Brooklyn, NY....yes a real tornado. Wednesday morning was one of the wildest weather mornings I have ever been a part of. I woke earlier than usual that morning...around 5am to low rumbles of thunder and some flashes of lightning. With each passing minute...the thunder got louder, the rain poured down heavier, and the lightning intensified. By 6am, it was insanity. I got out of bed to shower, like I normally do at 6am....and it was pitch black outside...complete with a wind driven rain.....

While I was in the shower, the lights flickered, the thunder boomed....sounding off car alarms on the block and causing Bruce to bark like crazy. Jen got up and got ready for our journey to drop Bruce off at his "friends" house for the day and the trip to the train station so she could head back home and I could go to work. We didn't expect to encounter rivers substituting for streets.......it was difficult to navigate. I finally got Jen and Bruce dropped off and 90 minutes later (normally 30 minutes) I was at work......

The week in general, was crazy. Busy at work....heat and humidity that was almost unbearable.....and just plain hectic....I am welcoming the weekend already.

Anyway...I heard about this video clip on the radio...and you all should watch.....it is about 8 minutes...but well worth it. It depicts nature at it's meanest and it's finest.....truly a good watch! And a "real" happy ending...not a Hollywood one! Enjoy Friday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what?! where the heck have i been that i didn't hear about this? sheesh.

Lisa said...

We got light rain over here and my friend in Islip not far from me also had wind driven rains. It always seems to miss us. It's weird. I couldn't watch the video because I had a feeling what was going to happen. I know it's nature but I still can't watch that stuff.
TGIF

Fizzgig said...

Most of my VP's at work were in NY, and all got stranded, flights canceled. It was pretty bad here in Ohio too! Glad you made it thru!

Heather said...

Ok, I'll keep my 1,000 degree heat wave.

I'd much rather be swimming in sweat than have to deal with that much rain. I just don't do rain.

Hope your weekend was great!