Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A New Year Is Upon Us

  Posted by Picasa

Happy New Year to all! It is only a couple of days into 2007 and I am tired of hearing "Happy New Year" from people already. Ok, fuckers, we get it...it is a New Year!

Anyway, the weekend was amazing, actually last week was amazing. For starters, DON'T see the "new" Rocky movie. It was pretty bad. Caren and I saw it last Wednesday. It was pitiful in many ways.

Thursday Night Caren brought over a great Christmas gift for me. She got ma a really cool karaoke machine. It is not your ordinary karaoke machine. This thing has a camera on it and plugs into the tv where you can video and tape your "performances." We had dinner with Joe and Christina, drank wine and sang all night on Thursday.

Friday night was my "take down the Christmas tree" night and get the house cleaned. Shortly after Saddam hanging and the tree going back in the attic, I passed out for the night. By that night, I knew New Years was being relocated to my house, aka, "club 69" rather than the Sugar V's place. We had a bunch of people coming, so my place would be a bit more roomy.

Saturday I food shopped and got all the New Years decorations and stuff. I hopped a 4pm train to NYC and met up with Caren for our Saturday Night adventure. It has become such a great ritual for us. I think we have gone in like 8 out of the last 9 weeks. We dined at a great little Italian place on 33rd and 3rd. The food, the wine, and the atmosphere was amazing. We then ventured down to Union Square to find an additional microphone and some karaoke cd's for the machine for New Years Eve. We then walked up to Times Square where the New Years ball was being tested. We mowed our way through the crowd to catch a glimpse. After 20 minutes of being caught in a stampede, we hooked a left onto 46th and then another left on 8th. We walked 8th until we found a little dive bar called "Walter's" We had a few drinks and relaxed until we caught our train. There was definitely a colorful character or two in that bar......

Sunday, New Years Eve day, I cleaned and decorated the house and got ready for the night ahead. Sugar V and Mrs. Sugar V were coming, along with Joe and Christina, Caren, Christine, Rich, and our buddy Mario from across the street. Everyone arrived around 7pm. We ate some great food, chatted, and started drinking. By 8:30 karaoke was in full swing.

We had a spotlight, a disco ball, a ton of music, and that karaoke machine. We sang all night. It was insane. Sugar V cracked us up with his singing, Mario sang Italian songs, we all took turns and laughed our asses off. The booze was flowing, and the house was a looney bin. I even rolled on the ground and sang "Like a Virgin."

We had a nice toast and made our rounds when the ball dropped and wished each other a happy new year. It was great to be in the company of people I cherish so much. Shortly after 12, the karaooke machine was back on and in full swing. By 2am, people were dropping like flies. Rumor has it (and shoe scuff marks) that Christina was sleeping, or napping in my bathtub. Rich passed out on the couch, Christine was getting drowsy, and I was throwing up after 4 bottles of champagne. My house was pretty much a complete mess......

Christine stayed over in the guest room, Rich on the couch, and Caren with me. Everyone else ventured home after a while. I woke up with a bad hangover and a messy house, throw up (from Rich) on my bathroom rug, and so many other wacky things all over the house. We finally got up at 1pm. Rich was gone. Caren, Christine, and I met up with Sugar V and the Mrs. at the diner. We had lunch and headed back to my house. We hung out until 7pm or so. I had such a great time.....

It is Tuesday Night and I finally got my house back to normal. Everything is mopped, washed, cleaned, sanitized, etc. All my holiday decor is down, and I am ready for summer! :)

That's my New Years in a nutshell. I am glad 2007 got off to such a great start. I have a few "resolutions" but they are more like things I need to do to make life better, so they will be done. I am just so thankful for the great friends I have. I am lucky. I am thankful for Caren. She really balances me out. When I get nuts about silly things, she has a way to calm me down and be a voice of reason. I have learned a lot from her and love our experiences together. I feel as though we have built a great foundation over the last few months and she is just so great.

How was YOUR New Years???????

6 comments:

supplymadam said...

See that is the reason I don't party on New Year's Eve anymore. Yes I am bitter the party we were supposed to go to got cancelled.I was kind of glad though because partying like it's 1969 is pretty much still there in 1969.
You youngsters!

Panthergirl said...

I won't say "Happy New Year", although I do wish you nothing but health and happiness over the coming 12 months (LOL).

Glad you have found someone to share your life with. So have I, but it's too complicated to blog about so I can't right now. But I can relate to everything you're saying about your new relationship. Maybe I'll bump into you two in NYC one of these Saturday nights... ;)

ThursdayNext said...

So glad to hear New Years was as crazy and fun as a frat house and sorority house gathering! What a way to bring in 2007! :)

My New Years was a lovely affair - I hosted a classic dinner party for friends. Aside from various appetizers, I made surf and turf for a main course - sugared sirloins and lobster ravioli with a champagne cream sauce! Though most of the evening was about sipping prosecco, not champagne!

Wow Charlie, what a turnaround! I am glad you and Caren are in the city so much...I know how often you expressed your loathing for it! May I recommend Inoteca for your next visit? Its a lovely wine bar - you two will just love it! Cheers to your 2007!

Anonymous said...

oh yours sounds like so much fun! and makes mine sound like it sucked in comparison. lol.

happy new year, charlie.

Christie E. Little said...

I'm just glad you were able to ring the year in with a fabulous night.

Someone that balances you out is always a good thing. You sound happy. It's good to hear.
xoxo
C

Heather said...

33rd & 3rd sounds like a great name for a movie...

I'll have to find that street when I'm up there and see if I'm right...