Sunday, December 03, 2006

It's The Time Of the Season

  Posted by Picasa

Four Saturday Nights in a row in NYC. That is a record for me. I've been enjoying the weekly journey into the Big Apple. Last night, we took in some touristy sites.

After another great dinner in Little Italy, CW and I hopped in a cab and headed up to 50th and 5th. We strolled over to Rockefeller Center to see the tree, take some pictures, and enjoy the scenery. Sugar V and the Mrs. joined us later on, as they caught a later train into the city.

This Friday, the 8th, is a night I have been looking forward to all year. Each year, fans mark the anniversary of John Lennon's death with a vigil in Central Park's Strawberry Fields. People gather, light candles, sing songs, and remember one of the greatest musicians ever. This year the somber anniversary falls on a Friday Night. I will be in the park this Friday Night taking part. CW has her company party and Sugar V and the Mrs. will be there as well, so I need to go with a friend that appreciates John and his music as much as I do. I will have a nice Lennon post on Friday to mark the occasion.

This upcoming Saturday, the four of us will be heading into the city for brunch and some ice skating in the park. I love ice skating in the park, more so than in Rockefeller Center. There is something about the atmosphere in the park that I love. A rink, surrounded by thousands of trees, in the middle of a city.....breathtaking.

My parents and brother are settling in nicely in the "Tar Heel" State. I spoke to them about an hour ago. They are getting settled, putting together new furniture and unpacking. I am glad they all made it down safely.

So, today, I am trying to get myself motivated to hang Christmas lights, put up a tree, and get in the spirit a bit. It's tough this year though. Hopefully, I will muster up the energy to do it. I am in a cooking mood as well, but I don't think I will do both......

I am reflective today for some reason. It's been an interesting year to say the least. Last night on the train, I was thinking out loud to Sugar V and questioning life and looking for answers as to how we end up on totally different paths in life than we ever imagined. Where I am at the end of 2006 is so different from where I was at the beginning of the year......strange days indeed.

Well, I am off to try to accomplish something today. Getting home at 2:15am, not sleeping until 5am, and waking up at 9 to crying dogs who wanted to go outside really does not spark motivation, but I vow to make it happen today. Have a great start to your week!

6 comments:

ThursdayNext said...

I am glad that you are enjoying the city and realizing that it is such an amazing place!

Anonymous said...

that's a beautiful tree.

supplymadam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
supplymadam said...

We have a contest between us my next door neighbor and the 2 across the street to see who gets their lights up first. Only thing is I think I am the only one playing.
We came in 3rd this year.

Christie E. Little said...

Enjoy the season....! I wish I could see that view.
xoxo
C

True Jersey Girl said...

Too bad I have something going on Friday - I'd go with you. LOVE John Lennon, cry every year on the anniversary of his death.