Friday, December 15, 2006

My 100 Memories of 2006

  Posted by Picasa

With 2006 winding down and many networks airing their end of year specials such as "The Most Fascinating People Of 2006" or "Big in '06", I decided to make a list of 100 memories that will forever remind me of 2006. So here goes, in totally random order:



1) "Ridin' Dirty"
2) Club 69
3) Carpooling with Christina
4) Fall/Early Winter NYC visits
5) My job (started it in January)
6) Caren
7) Christmas in August
8) The infamous block party
9) The Cinco De Mayo "housewarming" party
10) A great Memorial Weekend
11) Christina, Joe, and their boat "Floater"
12) Tiny A
13) The Tube Music Network
14) Melky Cabrera's catch on 6/6/06
15) The Boston Massacre in late August (5 game sweep in Boston)
16) Sugar V clearing out my New Years party
17) Eleanor Rigby's Bar
18) T-Unit
19) The famous Pizza Night at club 69
20) Mario!!!!!
21) Being called "Scotty" for 2 months
22) Fourth of July weekend in Mineola
23) Frosty Paws
24) Bruce dressed as a pimp
25) Happy Hours at Tiki Bar
26) The "Shady" Hat
27) Coney Island/Brooklyn Cyclones Game
28) 10 Cent Wing Nights
29) Taco Tuesdays!
30) Kettle One
31) Friday BBQ's at work
32) The Bodies Exhibit in NYC
33) Little Italy with Caren
34) A full house on Thanksgiving
35) February 15th, not the 14th (haha)
36) Walking the trails at Sands Point
37) Uncle Louie G's Ices!
38) Labor Day Party at T-Unit's
39) Moving Day
40) Singing "Sweet Caroline" to the LB cops
41) TV Show Theme Song Night
42) Democrats sweep election day
43) Softball at Jones Beach
44) The Disco Outfit
45) "Front Row" at Yankee Stadium
46) Cooking Day with Tiny A (Gnocci (her) and Eggplant (me))
47) Drunk Dennis across the street
48) Churchill's on a special playoff football Sunday in January
49) The "Beach Necklace" found at fashion stores
50) Pushing Christina's Car to work on a 90 degree day
51) The "Kool Aid Car"
52) The "After Happy Hour" party at club 69
53) Beer Pong
54) The Thusday Night after work party at club 69 in August
55) Peppermint Hot Chocolate with Tiny A
56) Beer Olympics
57) "Snap Yo' Fingers"
58) Linda and Liz
59) Insane gas prices
60) "Otto"
61) "Lucky Louie" on HBO
62) "If you like my meatballs, you'll love my sausage" great shirt Sugar V
63) Dogsitting
64) Deal, or No Deal???
65) Booing A-Rod
66) Movie Night at work
67) Strawberry Fields
68) "You're Makin' Me Craaaazy" (song sticks in my head)
69) "Crime Scene" Night with Caren
70) Kerry's Birthday Party at The Inn
71) Ghetto rigged air conditioner
72) Pumpkin pies
73) Ballybannon
74) One minute walks to the beach
75) The white pig chalkboard
76) Pettitte coming back to NY
77) Sinatra, a fireplace, and a dance
78) Superbowl Sunday with Amester and Brucey
79) Dublin Mudslide and Black N Tan Ice Cream
80) Singing to the trucking company at work
81) Greg's Wall of Quotes
82) Meeting Sugar V's rat in Park Slope
83) A Faulty Gas Burner
84) The front room
85) Saving the parking spot!
86) Bad cell phone reception
87) Matisyahu
88) Greg's Laugh at lunchtime
89) My family moving
90) The 1:07am train
91) 20+ Police visits to club 69
92) Jackass 2
93) Flintstoning Linda's Car
94) Caveman chats with Sugar V
95) Running the boardwalk
96) Falling head first into Sugar V's bathtub
97) Jeter being robbed of the MVP award
98) Doug K and I working together again
99) Talking to my sister again
100) Wishing and hoping 2007 is my best year yet!

8 comments:

supplymadam said...

Oh yes Mario!

Debi said...

Even though We don't know half of what these mean to you...it's nice...really nice.

ThursdayNext said...

Charlie,
I cannot thank you enough for this list! :) It made me smile from ear to ear. I think that the tag team gnocci/eggplant parm afternoon was, by far, one of the best days of this past year for me, too! As was the night V, Mrs V, and we were at Dodici and the topic of the "beach necklace" came up! I don't think I have laughed as hard since then. ;) Thank you for making my 2006 so very special. I wish you goodness and love in 2007!
Tiny A

Fizzgig said...

Thats a cool idea, I bet it was fun coming up with some of those!

Anonymous said...

nice! i'm stealing this idea. lol.

Darcey said...

I think I might have to post one of these, too, Charlie.
By the way, I've been MIA for a while. Completely my fault.
But I did post this morning! Woot!

Last Girl On Earth said...

What a great list! Hope you have fun writing it! Just stopping by to wish you a very Merry Xmas and hoping that you have a FANTASTICALLY successful and happy 2007.

LAST GIRL ON EARTH

Christie E. Little said...

I need a list, too.

Happy New Year Cmac..

I sense a kiss at midnight for you :)